DREXEL ALUMNI LEADERSHIP SUMMIT SERIES: DISCOVER YOUR PASSION
Thank you to the alumni and volunteers who participated in the Drexel Alumni Leadership Summit! Whether you serve on an alumni board or council, lead a regional network or affinity group, mentor current students, or support new student recruitment as an Alumni Ambassador, your participation makes a difference for the University.
A special thank you to our session speakers and facilitators, including:
- Alyssa Abbott ’16, ’20, Interim Director, Drexel LeBow’s Raj & Kamla Gupta Governance Institute
- Patience Ajoff-Foster ’13, Executive Director, Diversity and Inclusive Culture
- John Fry, President
- Carrie Hutnick, Associate Director, Community-Based Learning, Lindy Center for Civic Engagement
- Tais Idi-Infante ’20
- Paul K. Johnson ’92, ’07, Emeritus Member, Alumni Board of Governors
- Emma Louth '11
- Laura Nelling '13
- Camille Prairie ’20
- Nary Preap Kith ’04, ’07
- Subir Sahu, PhD, Senior Vice President, Student Success
- Evelyn Thimba, Senior Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Canon Nontombi Naomi Tutu
- David Unruh, Senior Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Elisabeth J. Van Bockstaele, PhD, Chief Strategy Officer, Senior Vice President, Graduate and Online Education, Dean, Graduate College and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional, and Professor of Pharmacology & Physiology, College of Medicine
View Session Recordings
Archived recordings of the Leadership Summit sessions are available in Dragon Network, the online professional development community for alumni and students. If you aren’t already a member of the community, join today.
If you are already a member, simply log in and navigate to the Resources tab to view the recordings, which include:
The Future of Diversity and Inclusion
Pulling from her personal challenges of growing up Black and female in apartheid South Africa, Rev. Naomi Tutu discussed how we can reconcile our history as we work collectively to build a brighter future, and how an ongoing focus on diversity and inclusion allows individuals, organizations and communities to thrive.
Journey to the Boardroom
Learn how to successfully transition from a hands-on executive to a strategic board member in a corporate or nonprofit organization.
Working Through Social Identities Towards Empathy and Inclusion
Explore the interplay between individuals’ unique social identities in the context of teams and groups.
Making an Impact: Building a Lifelong Commitment to Civic Engagement
A student and alumni panel shared their stories of volunteerism, including how they identify their areas of passion and advice for others to get involved in their own communities.
State of the Campus Update
President John Fry and a panel of senior leaders explored how the Drexel community continues to face global challenges while embarking on a new strategic plan that will secure the University as a model for higher education at a time of profound change and disruption.
How to Build the Perfect Cheeseboard
Learn how to pick out the best cheeses, meats and more and using them to create works of art!