Drexel InSites: Spyscape
Are You Ready for the IoT Revolution?
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Register for Drexel InSites: Spyscape
Just when you’ve mastered your newest phone and trained Alexa to do your bidding, along comes the Internet of Things or “IoT.”
You might have heard that IoT will affect everything we do. But what is it?
- What are the pros and cons of this technology and how can we understand its implications — for our own lives and for the nation as a whole?
- How are Drexel researchers helping maximize the potential of IoT?
- How are we educating students so they can lead in a world driven by wireless communication?
Join this sterling panel of experts, chosen to give you the fundamental understanding you need to make informed decisions, from law to business to health.
Meet the Panel
- Kapil Dandekar, PhD, is a professor and associate dean for research and graduate studies in the College of Engineering. He also directs the Drexel Wireless Systems Laboratory, which he founded. Dandekar’s research focus includes wireless, ultrasonic and optical communications; reconfigurable antennas; and smart textiles
- Jordan Fischer JD ’13, teaches European law at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law. Her research explores the convergence of the law and technology, especially the practical implications of regional data-protection regulations in an increasingly global economy
- Rajneesh Suri PhD, is the vice dean for research and strategic partnerships, and a professor of marketing at the LeBow College of Business. While leading the Neuro-Business Solutions Center at LeBow, Suri connects organizations outside of Drexel with multi-disciplinary teams of business graduate students and professors from many disciplines.
- Steven Weber, PhD, is a professor and head of the Electrical Engineering Department, and director of the Isaac L. Auerbach Cybersecurity Institute
After the panel, you can explore SPYSCAPE, which Town & Country Magazine called “among the best things to see and do in New York City.” Mix and mingle with other Drexel alumni and friends in a museum filled with espionage technology and interactive spy challenges.
History of InSites
Drexel is gaining momentum in its $750 million fundraising campaign — the most ambitious in University history. Drexel InSites brings the Campaign to locations across the country by celebrating alumni change-agents who have pioneered new technologies and business models. These leaders embody the Campaign’s bold assertion: The Future Is a Place We Make.