ALUMNI BOARD OF GOVERNOR NOMINATIONS
Give back and help shape the future of Drexel! The Nominations Committee of the Alumni Board of Governors invites all alumni to participate in the annual call for nominations. The number of available elected director positions changes from year to year, depending on current directors' term limits. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated participation in alumni programs and volunteer opportunities.
Members of the Board of Governors are elected based upon their demonstrated leadership and service to their chosen profession, Drexel University, and the community. The Board of Governors is actively seeking a representative group of qualified nominees who meet these criteria and who are eager and willing to commit their time and share their wisdom in representing the alumni constituency.
The Board is particularly seeking applicants who:
- graduated from the College of Nursing and Health Professions, the College of Arts and Sciences, the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design and the College of Engineering
- live in Greater Philadelphia, New York, and Washington, D.C.
Board members are expected to accept a leadership and participatory role by working closely with the Office of Alumni Relations to further its mission and its strategic initiatives. Board participation requires a time commitment at quarterly meetings of the full Board, quarterly committee meetings, a presence at campus and alumni events. Board members are also asked to make an annual gift to the University. Elected directors may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION
A Letter of Interest is required to be submitted with each nomination. The guidelines are outlined below:
- Explain why you are interested in serving on the Board of Governors.
- Explain how you have been involved with Drexel and/or alumni activities since graduating. Elaborate on any leadership or volunteer roles that you have held.
- Explain what you know about the Board of Governors and how you feel the organization brings value to alumni.
- Discuss the particular skills and talents you feel you would bring to the Board of Governors.
- Explain your current affiliations within the Drexel community and elaborate on any networks of Drexel alumni with whom you have regular contact.
- Discuss any current community organization service or leadership activities in which you are routinely involved.
The call for nominations is closed.
Learn more about the role and responsibilities of the Board here.
Nominees are required to be alumni of Drexel University or its affiliates and must submit a nomination form along with a letter of interest. Nomination forms will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023.