Amid the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, Drexel Alumni is committed to bringing you resources and opportunities to help you stay connected, informed, healthy and productive. This page is your one-stop shop to learn about upcoming events and resources, as well as ways to give back and stay connected to Drexel.
We want to hear from you. Let us know how we can best support you, and what skills or expertise you have that could serve as a resource for others. Or, simply leave an encouraging message for your fellow alumni.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
- Visit the Drexel Alumni events calendar for a full list of upcoming webinars from professional development workshops and networking events, to fitness and mental health tips and faculty-led discussions.
- COVID Calls: Scott Knowles, professor and director of the Drexel’s Department of History, hosts these daily chats with researchers, public health experts, journalists and historians from around the world.
- Mindfulness and Optimal Performance Course: In this mini open-access course, offered by the College of Nursing and Health Professions, participants will complete three modules exploring the different elements of mindfulness. Upon completion, receive a badge for your LinkedIn profile.
KEEP BUSY AT HOME
- Cheers to Summer: What’s your favorite cocktail or mocktail recipe? Let us know! We’re collecting drink recipes from the Drexel Alumni community and featuring them each week through August on our Instagram and Facebook channels. Written or video submissions are welcome.
- Virtual Yoga: Fill out this online form to join Drexel Alumni for a yoga session every other Thursday at 7 a.m. EST. For yoga with Tracey Morgado '90, every other Wednesday at 8 a.m. PST, fill out this online form.
- Virtual Rec Center: Get those endorphins pumping with access to Drexel’s Rec Center classes, eSports tournaments, virtual presentations and more.
- Virtual Alumni Book Club: Join this free virtual community to connect with fellow alumni and friends and enjoy reading lifelong learning, personal growth, novels and other books. Scroll down for more information.
- ANS Science from Home: Try these fun, interactive, hands-on activities for kids from the Academy of Natural Sciences that are easy to do with materials you usually have at home. You can also visit some exhibits online!
- Small Actions Spark Big Changes: Each month of 2020, the Academy of Natural Sciences is guiding the community in a conversation about how everyday choices can affect the health of our environment. Take action and follow along with others.
- Dragons Remember Podcast: Run by faculty and students in Drexel’s History Department, the “Dragon’s Remember” oral history project aims to celebrate the University’s rich history through storytelling as well as preserve it for future generations.
- Drexel Backgrounds for Zoom: Save and download these images to show your Drexel pride with your Zoom background.
- Pop, the Question Podcast: Host Melinda Lewis, PhD, associate director of Marketing & Media for Pennoni Honors College, discusses all things pop culture and the ways it influences the world around us.
- Virtual Pilates: Join the Drexel Pilates team for online classes, private sessions and other mind and body services.
WAYS TO GIVE BACK
- Hire a Co-op: In the wake of COVID-19, our students are facing increased challenges as they look to secure their co-op placements. We are exploring options such as co-op positions with delayed starts or remote options. If you are aware of any such positions, please reach out to Drexel’s Employer Relations team.
- Student Emergency Fund: A number of our students are suddenly facing unexpected pressures to cover the costs of travel, remote learning technology, canceled employment and co-ops and wellness. Support from donors will help students who are adversely impacted by changes and closures on campus and ensure their ability to graduate as planned.
- Emergency Fund for Families at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children: This fund was established to help address challenges faced by our patients and their families at this unprecedented time.
- University Supply Collection: Faculty, staff and students are working to compile much-needed supplies of personal protective equipment from around campus and throughout the community to give to local health care providers and hospitals in Philadelphia. Learn how you can donate.
FROM THE ALUMNI COMMUNITY
- Seeing Light at the End of the Tunnel: Kristen Fescoe ’04 shared her insight on how to stay positive during the COVID pandemic and her five reasons to be hopeful during this time of crisis in this article in Authority Magazine.
- Parenting Through the Pandemic: Erin Taylor ’94 and her guest Maria Sanders talk about how parents can work collaboratively with their children, especially during this pandemic that we are living through.
- Maintaining Well Being During Uncertain Times: In this article, LeBow College of Business professor Frank Rowe ’02 shares topics he teaches in his course, Happiness 101: Living a Life of Meaning, that will prove especially useful during this unprecedented time.
- Tips from a Dragon in China: Roy Aguilar ’19 shares his experiences and tips he learned living in China during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Achieve Your Productivity Goals: Productivity expert and strategic business coach, Penny Zenker '92, provides short video resources for staying on track of your personal and professional goals.