How To Connect and Publish to dunx1 with SSH SFTP
Note: Before you connect to DUNX1
First, you need to have a DUNX1 account.(Also known as an academic unix account) If you don't have one (or aren't sure), you can go to picking up a DUNX1 account to find out how to get one.
Since SFTP is part of SSH, your DUNX1 account needs to be configured to allow shell access. By default, DUNX1 accounts are assigned "File access, no logon". Please see setting DUNX1 shell access for more info.
Connecting to DUNX1 via SSH
1) Open Secure File Transfer Client.
2) To open a connection, select Quick Connect or simply press Enter or Space Bar.
3) Type in dunx1.irt.drexel.edu for the Host Name and enter your Drexel userid for the User Name. Leave all of the other settings the way they appear. If they happen to be blank, set the port number to 22 and the Authentication Method to Keyboard Interactive.
4) If this is the first time that you are using SSH SFTP to connect to your DUNX1 account then you will get a dialog box with the choices Yes, No and Cancel. This box is to verify the encryption key being used. Click Yes to proceed.
5) You are now prompted to enter your DUNX1 password.
6) You will now be presented with the list of files and folders that are on your DUNX1 account, which means that you are connected.
Uploading a File to Your DUNX1 Account
1) Make sure that you are in the correct remote folder/location where you want to upload the new file.
2) After that is set, click on Operation and go to Upload Dialog.
3) A window will open containing all of the files on your local machine. Select the file that you wish to transfer and click Upload.