Configure Your Account
Steps for Publishing Personal Web Pages
Activate your Dunx1 Account
If you haven't already done so, follow this link to the instructions to set up a Dunx1 account.
Obtain the Secure Shell (SSH) Client
Follow this link to Download and install a Secure Shell (SSH, Fetch) Client from the Drexel secure software server.
Creating a Public_html folder
- Open your SSH File Transfer Client.
To open the connection dialog box click on File -->Connect or simply press Enter or Space Bar. Type in dunx1.irt.drexel.edu for the Host Name and enter YOUR userid for the User Name. Leave all of the other settings the way they appear; that is, port number 22 and Authentication Method Keyboard Interactive.
- Enter your password.
- Verify that you have a public_html directory by typing the command ls and pressing enter. If you see the public_html directory listed, proceed to step 5, otherwise go to step 4.
- At the command prompt type in the command mkdir public_html and press enter. If you get the response:
mkdir: Failed to make directory "public_html"; File exists
that means that you already had the directory and can proceed to the next step.
- At the command prompt type in the command webshare and press enter.
- At the command prompt type in the command exit and press enter. This will disconnect you from your Dunx1 account. You only need to run this command once for your permissions to be set.
Publish Your Web Pages on www.pages.drexel.edu
You transfer your pages to www.pages.drexel.edu via SFTP (secure file transfer protocol). Your home page file, created in the html editor of your choice, must be named index.html and stored in the public_html folder--see the step above, Set Permissions on the public_html folder. Follow the steps illustrating how to connect and publish to dunx1 in these short tutorials for either Windows or Macintosh: