International Design Competition
March 7, 2013 — The Council of Fashion Designers of America is very pleased to present your students with an opportunity to enter an international design competition in honor of the victims of the 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. Entrants will be challenged to design a memorial for the exterior of the building where the fire occurred.
The competition is open to individuals and/or teams (maximum 5 team members) 18 years of age or older. Interested applicants can register online at rememberthetrianglefire.org/competition/index and download images of the site, drawings and submission instructions.
- Registration Period: January 2013 – March 29, 2013
- Submissions Due: April 12, 2013
- Jury Selection Phase I: April 22 – 26, 2013
- Short List Announced: April 2013
- Jury Selection Phase II: June 2013
Winners Announced: Summer 2013
- 1st place winner: $5,000 award and will be invited to participate in the execution of the memorial
- 2nd place winner: $3,000 award
- 3rd place winner: $1,500 award