EAM Student Curates Pearlstein Exhibit
September 14, 2008 —
Entertainment & Arts Management student Tara Caton is curating an exhibition in the Leonard Pearlstein Gallery featuring artists she came to know through her co-op at The Center For Emerging Visual Artists (CFEVA). The exhibit, Far Away from the Beginning: A Departure from Childhood Idealism, runs from August 4th through September 5th.
Tara did her co-op at CFEVA, a non-profit arts organization. CFEVA’s mission is to coordinate a regional support system for visual artists; to promote deserving artists and their relationship with the community; and to increase access to visual art for everyone. In addition to the exhibit, students who aspire to be artists can attend an information session on the Career Development Program at CFEVA, given by the program’s director Amie Potsic. Artists selected for the Career Development Program develop their business and marketing skills through a rigorous public exhibition schedule, enhancing their abilities to promote their work. The information session is August 6th at 4:30 PM in the Pearlstein Gallery. An artist talk in the Gallery starts at 5:30 PM with a reception following.
Far Away from the Beginning: A Departure from Childhood Idealism
- The Leonard Pearlstein Gallery (Nesbitt Hall, 33rd & Market St.)
- Monday, August 4 through Friday, September 5
- CFEVA Information Session, August 6, 4:30 PM, Leonard Pearlstein Gallery
- Artist Talk, August 6, 5:30 PM, Leonard Pearlstein Gallery
- Opening Reception, August 6, 6-8 PM, Leonard Pearlstein Gallery
- Free and open to the public
- For more information on CFEVA visit www.cfeva.org