History of Hip Hop
October 15, 2009
Clyde Evans -- dancer, choreographer, and writer -- and members of his CHOSEN Dance Company will present a lecture and demonstration on The History of Hip-Hop Music and Dance on Thursday, October 15th at 7 PM in the Mandell Theater. Clyde and his dancers will cover the history and evolution of Hip-Hop dance culture and its relationship to Hip-Hop music. CHOSEN was created in 2001 with the goal of bringing Hip-Hop to a wider audience while cementing its place in modern culture as a true and authentic art form. The Company has spread its "Hip-Hop with a conscience' message on ESPN's X-Games VIII, in Super Bowl XL and NFC Conference commercials as well as BET's 106 & Park. Clyde Evans is a former principal dancer with Rennie Harris' Puremovement.
- Clyde Evans' CHOSEN Dance Company: The History of Hip-Hop Music and Dance: A Lecture Demonstration
- Thursday, October 15, 7 PM
- Mandell Theater (33rd and Chestnut St.)
- Free and open to the public
- For more information email Dr. Miriam Giguere at firstname.lastname@example.org