Fashion Club Welcomes Steve Lagos, Owner and Head Designer of LAGOS Jewelry
October 18, 2006
The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design Fashion Club invites students from all majors to its exciting Fall speaker series, held every Wednesday at 6pm. The series will host fashion and merchandising professionals to share their industry experience with interested students.
This week, the Fashion Club welcomes Steve Lagos, owner and head designer of one of the most successful American jewelry brands, LAGOS and merchandiser Janie Waitkus. The pair will speak about the successful company, which was founded in 1977, and since then has created award-winning collections with a signature style using old-world techniques. Based in Philadelphia, LAGOS has a flagship store in Rittenhouse Square, and is sold nationwide at fine retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
- Upcoming Fashion Club events include:
October 18th: Speaker - Alexandra de Yonge, designer for Diane von Furstenberg (formerly with Anna Sui)
October 25th: A visit to Joan Shepp Boutique; Ms. Shepp will present latest collections from Paris, Milan, London & Tokyo
- Fashion Club Presents: Steve Lagos & Janie Waitkus of LAGOS Jewelry
- Wednesday, October 11th @ 6pm
- Disque Building, Auditorium 103 (opposite Main Building ? 31st and Market Sts.)
- FREE and open to the public
- For more information: Emil DeJohn, 215.895.0238 or Dept. of Design, 215.895.2390