Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Entertainment & Arts Management
POSITION: The Department of Arts & Entertainment Enterprise at Drexel University’s Westphal College of Media Arts and Design seeks candidates for a tenure-track position with the rank of Assistant Professor for its Bachelor of Science in Entertainment & Arts Management (EAM). This cross-disciplinary program prepares students with creative and business interests for a variety of leadership and management roles in the media, visual and performing arts fields. Students select concentrations in one of the following disciplines: theatre, dance, performing arts, visual arts, cinema & television, digital media or sports entertainment.
The successful candidate will be able to teach core EAM courses in subject areas such as marketing & promotion, fund development, writing, strategic management, as related to their area of expertise.
Teaching and Advising:
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses as assigned;
- Supervise student internships;
- Mentor capstone projects and serve on jury;
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Research, Scholarship and Creative Activity:
The successful candidate will be expected to build a national reputation for professional expertise in arts and entertainment including scholarly publication and/or creative work, consultancies, board membership, periodical publication, or conference presentations.
- The faculty member is required to practice, test and/or disseminate his/her professional expertise through the following methods:
- innovative research related to the entertainment industry and/or nonprofit arts; or
- management theory, entrepreneurship and practice; or
- other scholarly and creative activity in the arts and entertainment fields.
Service to the University:
- Review student applicants as assigned;
- Assist in the program’s administration including student recruitment, curriculum development and revisions, course evaluation, and raising awareness of the program’s activities
- Serve on committees for the college and university.
- Terminal graduate degree in a related field;
- College-level teaching experience.
- Evidence of research, scholarly and creative activities in the field;
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience in arts or entertainment in leadership roles;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment;
- Working knowledge and experience in digital technologies, social media, and online learning environments;
- Some experience with the nonprofit sector, cultural arena preferred.
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2013
The search will continue until the position is filled. Preference is given to applications received by January 15, 2013.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Review of applicants will begin immediately. Apply online at www.drexel.edu/jobs.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.