Intern for Vision 2020
Vision 2020 National Women’s Leadership Initiative Summer Internship
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Hours: 15-20 hours a week
Organization Bio: Vision 2020 is a national coalition of organizations and individuals united in their commitment to achieve women’s economic and social equality.
On October 20-22, 2010, Vision 2020 Delegates from all 50 states met at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia to launch the Campaign for Equality. The delegates are women leaders who were selected from hundreds of applicants for their demonstrated commitment to helping women and girls.
In 2011, the Delegates began implementing State Initiatives that aim to address one of Vision 2020’s five national goals. The Vision 2020 National Office oversees the State Initiatives and operates as a clearinghouse of information.
Your Opportunity: As an intern, you will be an integral part of the Vision 2020 team, helping us communicate with various audiences (from the Delegates to media outlets), assist with planning our annual meeting and other events, write copy for our website, and contribute to our social media sites among other duties.
• Knowledge of office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal communications skills
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student
• No experience necessary, but attention to detail and accountability required
Additional Info: The internship is unpaid, but college credit is available.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.