- Students must have completed 9th grade prior to applying to the High School Scholars Program. Please note: The earliest a High School Scholar would be permitted to take one (1) course would be during the Summer Term following 9th grade.
- Students are not eligible to apply to the High School Scholars Program once their senior year of high school has begun.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- PSAT or SAT scores must be a minimum of 1200 (combined Math and Critical Reasoning)
- Student should be ranked in the top 10% of his/her class
To apply to the High School Scholars Program, students must submit:
- A completed copy of the High School Scholars application
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters: one from a current teacher and one from a guidance counselor
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of PSAT/SAT/ACT official score sheet
- Johns Hopkins CTY Scholars Only: Include a copy of your CTY Scholarship Letter
- $75 Application Fee – checks payable to Drexel University (CTY Scholars are exempt from paying the application fee)
We accept applications only twice a year.
April 15th Application Deadline:
CURRENT high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
Accepted students who apply by this deadline are eligible to begin Drexel classes in the Summer or Fall Terms ONLY.
October 1st Application Deadline:
CURRENT sophomores, juniors, and seniors (on a case-by-case basis).
Accepted students who apply by this deadline are eligible to begin Drexel classes in the Winter or Spring Terms ONLY.
- The first term for which current high school freshmen may register will be the summer term directly following their freshman year.