- Students must have completed 9th grade prior to applying to the High School Scholars Program. Please note: The earliest a High School Scholar would be permitted to take one (1) course would be during the Summer Term following 9th grade.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- PSAT or SAT scores must be a minimum of 1200 (combined Math and Critical Reasoning). ACT score must be a minimum of 26.
To apply to the High School Scholars Program, students must submit:
- A completed copy of the High School Scholars application
- Two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of PSAT/SAT/ACT official score sheet OR if no test scores are available, a resume
- Johns Hopkins CTY Scholars Only: Include a copy of your CTY Scholarship Letter
- $75 Application Fee OR FEE WAIVER – checks payable to Drexel University (CTY Scholars are exempt from paying the application fee)
Applications will not be considered complete until ALL of the materials listed above have been received.
April 15th: Deadline for students to begin courses in the Summer or Fall Terms
- Only CURRENT high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors are eligible to apply at this deadline.
October 1st: Deadline for students to begin courses in the Winter or Spring Terms
- Only CURRENT sophomores and juniors are eligible to apply at this deadline. Current high school seniors will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more questions about our application process, please see our FAQs.