Application & Guidelines
To be eligible to apply for the STAR Scholars Program, students must:
- Be a freshman
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better; strong preference will be given to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or better
- Have an interest in research and be willing to commit to 40 hours/week of research for 10 weeks over the summer while residing in campus housing (provided by STAR)
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all elements of his/her application (including the faculty recommendation) have been submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research prior to the deadline.
- No exceptions will be made for students who miss the deadline.
- 2015 STAR Scholars will be expected to be involved in research for the entire summer term (June 22, 2015 – September 1, 2015).
The STAR Scholars Application will open on the first day of Winter Term (Monday, January 5, 2015). All application materials for the STAR Scholars Program will be due no later than 4:00pm on Monday, February 2, 2015.