For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

New Full-Time Transfer Checklist

Thank you for confirming your intent to enroll at Drexel University. Here are some important items you must complete before your first day of class.

For All Incoming Transfer Students

  • Complete the FAFSA (U.S. citizens and permanent residents only)
    If you have not already done so, be sure to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), using Drexel's school code (003256). You should reapply every year by February 15.
  • Notify Drexel Central
    If there are any changes in your enrollment status, you must notify Drexel Central. A change in enrollment status could affect your financial aid or merit award. Use AskDrexel to report this information.
  • Pick up your computer accounts
    As a Drexel student, you are entitled to computer accounts, such as email and the DrexelOne portal. You must check DrexelOne regularly for important updates regarding placement tests and your tuition bill. Visit the Information Resources and Technology (IRT) New Accounts page to pick up your accounts.
  • Contact an advisor in your program's department
    Your academic advisor will answer questions you may have about course selection and registration. Visit Drexel Central's Undergraduate Advising Directory to locate your advisor.
  • Forward your final transcripts to Drexel
    Final transcripts are due two weeks prior to the beginning of the term. Please mail to:
    Transcript Processing
    Drexel University
    PO Box 34789
    Philadelphia, PA 19101
  • Complete any outstanding financial aid requirements
    Confirmed and continuing students can check their status on DrexelOne. New student loans will not be disbursed from the lender to Drexel until the promissory note has been signed and all requirements are completed.
  • Review Drexel's computer and software recommendations
    View them on IRT's Computers and Software Overview website.
  • Notify Disability Resources
    If you have any physical or learning disabilities, notify Disability Resources. Drexel University is committed to providing equal access to its programs and services to qualified students. Visit the Office of Disability Resources website for more information.
  • Pick up your DragonCard University ID.
    Once you have registered for your classes, you are eligible for the DragonCard, which you will need to access certain buildings on campus. Visit the DragonCard Office located in Room 124 of the Creese Student Center on the University City Campus or in Room 1603 of the New College Building on the Center City Campus to have your ID photo taken. You must show a valid state-issued ID (driver's license or passport). Visit the DragonCard website for more information.
  • Resolve any questions or issues regarding your bill.
    Detailed billing information can be found on Drexel Central's Billing website.

For Full-Time Transfer and International Transfer Students Only

  • Complete the housing and dining application
    If you are interested in on-campus housing or dining you must submit this application along with a $200 housing deposit. Transfer housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed, so be sure to apply early. After you receive your housing assignment, please confirm your move-in date with the University Housing Office.
  • Register for Welcome Week
    If you plan to start in the fall term, you will receive an email through your Drexel account in July with information about Welcome Week. To register, log in to DrexelOne and follow the registration prompts. Students entering in winter or spring terms should contact the Admissions Office for further information. 
  • Comply with Drexel's health insurance and immunization policies
    All full-time students must complete the Immunization Record Form. Visit the Forms page on the Health Insurance and Immunizations website to download the form. For more information, visit the Health Insurance and Immunizations website.

For International Transfer Students Only