Filmed in the beautiful Anthony J. Drexel Picture Gallery, The Drexel InterView is a lively, award-winning, half-hour, original television series hosted by best-selling author, critic, and Drexel University Distinguished Professor Paula Marantz Cohen. The Drexel InterView, which premiered in 2004, currently airs on some 325 PBS, university-affiliated, and community-access television stations throughout the United States. Selected episodes may also be seen on YouTube.com.
Each episode of The Drexel InterView features a half-hour conversation with a nationally known or emerging talent in the arts, culture, science, or business. Guests reflect a diversity of opinions and backgrounds. The series is now in its ninth season and has featured over 100 guests.
Notable previous guests include:
- Nora Ephron, screenwriter, film director, author
- Craig Newmark, internet entrepreneur, founder of craigslist.org
- The Honorable Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of New York City
- David Denby, cultural critic and film critic for The New Yorker
- J. Craig Venter, entrepreneur and pioneer in genomic research
- Molly Ivins, legendary syndicated columnist
- Kenny Gamble, Grammy Award-winner, community developer
- Christopher Hitchens, journalist and public intellectual
- Jennifer Higdon, composer, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for music
- John Waters, cult filmmaker and author
Watch The Drexel InterView on these Philadelphia-area and Sacramento TV stations or on any of these stations coast to coast.
In "Remembering Christopher Hitchens, Nora Ephron, Paul Fussell, and Others," host Paula Morantz Cohen reflects on notable interviewees who've passed away.