Center for Academic Success
Empowering students to achieve their academic goals
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) located on the Center City Campus, supports students in their efforts to achieve their academic goals.
CAS offers services such as peer tutoring,
professional academic counseling and workshops planned to assist students with developing strategies and skills to increase their success at Drexel and beyond.
The CAS provides access to computers, anatomical models and an extensive text and media library for students. CAS also offers students a quiet and inviting location to study and do homework.
Programs and Services
All of our programs and services are designed to help students achieve their academic goals. Some students make a deep commitment to their academic performance by joining the Scholars of Academic Success program. Others use tutoring or academic counseling services on an as-needed basis. Whatever level of involvement is right for you, we encourage you to take advantage of everything the Center for Academic Success has to offer. Students find that the more they use our services the better they do in their classes—in less time and with less stress!
- The Achievers Program – a voluntary program in which students can focus on improving their academic skills
- Tutoring – tutoring is provided by students who have been successful in the classes they tutor
- Academic counseling, including
- Time management
- Study strategies
- Overcoming test anxiety
- Workshops – learn tips for success from professionals and fellow students
- Resources – audio-visual aids, textbooks, and anatomical models
- Study space – great for individual and small-group studying