Commuter Student Engagement
Engaging off-campus students through learning, community development and support
Whether you live 2 blocks or 2 hours from campus – Drexel students are supported!
Commuter Student Engagement (CSE) specifically serves four student populations: commuter, graduate, transfer and resimuter (off campus) students by providing student learning and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
CSE focuses on five core areas:
- Orientation and Transition
- Academic Connections
Through the professional staff and Commuter Assistants (CA), CSE provides unique transition opportunities that reflect students’ future experiences on campus including orientation programs and Commuter Connection Day. In addition, CSE utilizes appropriate technology and the CA staff to provide consistent, reliable and timely information to students, which is personalized to the commuter population's experience on campus and in the local community.
To further develop community on campus, CSE develops programs to foster a sense of belonging among commuters, advocates for the needs of the commuter population and empowers students to educate faculty and staff about their unique needs as commuter students. CSE also focuses on working with partners to provide students with suitable space and facilities, which are welcoming and meet students’ needs concerning size, accessibility, cleanliness and technology.
- Develop co-curricular learning and opportunities and programs to foster community
- Communicate campus and community developments of interest to office sub-populations
- Provide and maintain commuter friendly space on campus including lounge and lockers
- Advocate for the unique needs of commuters
- Provide transition programs to prepare students to successfully navigate Drexel