For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

How to File a Formal Complaint

Any person may file a formal complaint against any active or perspective Drexel student or organization for alleged violations of University policy, occurring either on or off campus.

To file a formal complaint, you must:

  • Submit a written complaint to
  • Please note that Academic Integrity Violations must be reported using a specific on-line form found in the faculty/staff section of the website.

A complaint must include:

  • Complainant's name, address, phone number, and email.
  • Name of the Drexel student(s)/organization(s) responsible for the alleged violation or behavior.
  • Date of the alleged incident and a detailed statement of what occurred.

Complaints may be originated by students, faculty, staff, University departments and individuals external to the University. Drexel students must send complaints from their Drexel University email.

Once a Complaint is Filed

Having received a formal complaint against a student/organization, the Office of Residential Living and Student Conduct will conduct a preliminary review of the complaint in order to determine whether the circumstances detailed in the complaint are sufficient to cause a formal charge to be made.

It is in the Office of Residential Living and Student Conduct’s sole judgment to proceed with a complaint. If the Office of Residential Living and Student Conduct concludes that the complaint is sufficiently complete and involves a violation of a University policy, rule, regulation, or standard of conduct, the University will move forward in the conduct process.

Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Misconduct Cases

See Appendix A of OED-3 Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment and Misconduct Policy for “Complaint Procedures for Resolving Complaints Against Students.”