Academic Integrity Resources
General Procedures – Academic Integrity Cases
The information below can be found in the Student Handbook, and all violations must be submitted using the online reporting form found here.
When a student is suspected of violating academic integrity standards, the faculty member will, as soon as reasonably possible, take the following actions:
- Preserve all documentation and material relevant to the case
- Consult with the department head or designee, or other if the reporter is the department head.
- Notify the student of the suspected infraction and the faculty member’s intention to submit a complaint, and seek the student’s explanation.
- Undertake any further investigation the faculty member considers appropriate, and initially determine whether a violation of the Academic Integrity policy has occurred.
- After meeting with the student
- If the student agrees a violation has occurred, the faculty member will inform the department head or designee, program director, or equivalent administrator (hereafter referred to as department head) offering the course of the alleged violation, and the violation will be referred via the online reporting form to the Office of Residential Living and Student Conduct with an appropriate sanction.
- If the student disagrees that a violation has occurred, the faculty member will require the student to meet with the department head who will make a final determination whether a violation of the Academic Integrity policy has occurred.
- If, based on the information presented by the faculty member, the student, and with the results of any further investigation the department head may undertake, the department head agrees that an academic integrity infraction has occurred, the department head and faculty member will determine the appropriate sanctions and inform the student of their decision. The violation will be referred via the online reporting form to the Office of Residential Living and Student Conduct with an appropriate sanction.