For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

How to File a Formal Complaint

Any person may file a formal complaint against any active or perspective Drexel student or organization for alleged violations of University policy, occurring either on or off campus.

To file a formal complaint you must:

  • Submit a signed letter of complaint to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.  The best way to submit is via your Drexel e-mail account (your user ID will act as your signature).
  • Submit a signed letter of complaint to the Department of Public Safety
  • Academic Integrity Violations must be reported using a specific on-line form found in the faculty/staff section of the Student Conduct and Community Standards website.

A complaint must include:

  • Complainant's name, address, phone number, Drexel* email, and Drexel 8-digit ID* (*if affiliated with Drexel)
  • Nature of the alleged violation/behavior, including the date(s), exact location, and names of witnesses
  • Name of person(s)/organization responsible for the alleged violation/behavior (and all relevant information, if known)
  • Detailed statement of the incident

Complaints may be originated by students, faculty, staff, University departments and individuals external to the University.  All complaints should be sent to  Drexel faculty and professional staff must send complaints from their Drexel University email address.

Faculty members may file a complaint related to Academic Integrity violations by using the required reporting form

Sanctions for Academic Integrity violations are determined by the reporting faculty member.

Once a Complaint is Filed

Having received a formal complaint against a student, the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards will conduct a preliminary review of the complaint in order to determine whether the circumstances detailed in the formal complaint are sufficient to cause a formal charge to be made.  It is in the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standard’s sole judgment to proceed with a complaint. If the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards concludes that the complaint is sufficiently complete and involves a violation of a University policy, rule, regulation, or standard of conduct, the person(s) making the complaint will be expected to appear before the Conduct Board as the accuser unless the accused student agrees that a violation has taken place and waives the right to a hearing. In certain cases when the accuser decides not to file or pursue a formal complaint, the University reserves the right to continue to process the matter.

Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Cases

See Appendix A of OED-3 Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Policy for “Complaint Procedures for Resolving Complaints Against Students.”