For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Faculty Guide for Classroom Disruption

General Procedures – Classroom/Course Disruption

Any person may file a formal complaint against any active or perspective Drexel student or organization for alleged violations of University policy, occurring either on or off campus.

Best practice dictates that the disruptive student’s behavior should be addressed first by the faculty member seeking for this behavior to stop.  If the behavior does not stop, a formal complaint should be filed.

To file a formal complaint you must:

  • Submit a signed letter of complaint to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.  A complaint sent from a email is sufficient.  Send to or mail to 215 Creese Student Center.
  • Submit a signed letter of complaint to the Department of Public Safety

A complaint must include:

  • Complainant's name, address and phone number
  • Nature and date of alleged violation/behavior
  • Name of person(s)/organization responsible for the alleged violation/behavior
  • Detailed statement of the incident

Complaints may be originated by students, faculty, staff, University departments and individuals external to the University.

Once a Complaint is Filed

The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards will determine whether the complaint is sufficiently complete and involves a violation of University policy(ies) in order to invoke the University Conduct Process. Alleged violators will be sent a formal charge letter and will be asked to schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.