Departments and Services
Student Life, as part of Enrollment Management and Student Success, supports Drexel students in all aspects of their life outside the classroom to ensure their success on campus and throughout their lives by making a positive difference in a student's campus experience. Whether students attend classes on the Center City campus or the University City campus, Student Life offers programs and services that are designed to support student success so they can make the most of their Drexel experience.
Student Life encourages involvement in campus life, supports student initiatives and organizations and serves as a primary liaison for all students. Since education, learning and development
take place both inside and outside of the classroom and a successful college career includes social as well as intellectual development, we challenge students to invest in your their own success by getting involved
The co-curricular opportunities Student Life provides can assist with development of:
- Time management
- Communication skills
- People/networking skills
- Diverse collaboration
Campus Engagement oversees the many aspects of connecting students to the Drexel University community by providing
opportunities for involvement.
- Campus Activities (OCA) provides students with an enriched collegiate experience through meaningful opportunities to learn and develop leadership,
interpersonal, programming, and organizational skills so that they may connect and contribute to the University community.
- Commuter and Off-Campus Communities Office (COCO) - serves two student populations: commuters and resi-muter (off-campus) students by
providing student learning and engagement opportunities outside of the classroom.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) oversees the recognition process and policies that govern the fraternity and sorority community. FSL provides leadership development opportunities and works closely with each organization, national office and alumni members to build a unified and respected community that honors and upholds the
long-standing traditions of Drexel University through excellence in friendship, leadership, service, and scholarship.
- First-Year Experience provides quality programs and services that enhance the first-year experience at Drexel University and coordinates New Student Orientation, New Student Days, Family Weekend and the Drexel Family Association.
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
- Student Life Center City is an extension of Student Life that coordinates programs and services to engage students on the Center City campus.
- Student Leadership Development supports the development of skills that students need to succeed personally and professionally through programs such as CEO LEAD and the Drexel Senior Experience.
Counseling and Health
Counseling and Health provides support to students with personal, physical, and psychological challenges that interfere
with their ability to complete their
academic goals; educates students to embrace good health practices; offers programs and services which help students maintain good health; and functions as a resource for faculty and staff.
- Alcohol, Other Drug and Health Education provides a variety of interactive, creative, informational, student driven programs that engage students in conversation on significant issues surrounding alcohol and other drugs.
- Counseling Center provides free, confidential counseling services provided by mental health professionals to currently enrolled
full-time undergraduate and graduate students on the University City and Center City campuses.
- Health Insurance and Immunizations provides important information regarding compliance with Drexel
University's health insurance and immunization policies.
- Peer Counseling provides a free and confidential anonymous helpline staffed by volunteer students who provide support, referrals and a listening ear to all Drexel undergraduates and graduate students.
- Student Health Center provides health services in a confidential environment. Whether students need allergy shots or immunizations, treatment for women's health issues or sports medicine, the Student Health Center is available to help students maintain a quality lifestyle.
Finance and Administration
- Student Life Assessment
- Campus Crisis Management Protocols
- Residential Living (RLO) provides members of the residential community at Drexel with opportunities to maximize community and campus engagement, involvement, and co-curricular growth.
- Off-campus Housing provides resources and services to assist students as they navigate through the entire process of moving and living off-campus.
Student Conduct and Community Standards
Student Support Services
- Center for Learning and Academic Success Services (CLASS), with offices on the University City and Center City Campuses, supports Drexel University students' efforts to achieve their academic goals through a variety of services, including academic coaching, tutoring, workshops, and events.
- International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) advises international students, scholars and faculty on immigration,
cultural, financial, academic and personal concerns.
- Spiritual and Religious Life/Interfaith Council provide support to students, faculty and staff in the expression, understanding and practice of faith. They also cultivates mutual respect for the variety of faith traditions represented at the University.
- Student Center for Inclusion and Culture (SCIC) develops programs and advises student groups promoting intercultural understanding, interaction and dialogue. SCIC also supports the work of the LGBTQA Student Center.
- Veteran Student Services provides a campus-wide services, support and mentorship for veteran students.