For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Domestic Violence

Victims of Domestic or Dating Violence

If you are a victim of domestic or dating violence, you have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting a Protection from Abuse Order which could include the following:

  • An order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse;
  • An order directing the abuser to leave your household;
  • An order preventing the abuser from entering your residence, school, business or place of employment;
  • An order awarding you or the other parent temporary custody of or temporary visitation with your child or children;
  • An order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a legal obligation to do so;
  • An order directing the abuser to refrain from stalking or harassing you or other designated persons.

For more information, contact the Office of Support and Intervention Services at 215-895-0353