Victim Support & Intervention Services
Providing support services to assist with educational, personal, intellectual, professional and social recovery
The Office of Victim Support and Intervention Services (VSIS) supports victims through the difficult process of recovery. The mission of VSIS is to ensure that the rights of victims are acknowledged, advocated for and respected in all situations while providing necessary support services.
Victims of crime, trauma, and critical injury need access to information about support services and available resources to help them cope with the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of crime. These elements are very important to helping a student regain an educational as well as a personal focus while away from family and friends. VSIS assists in restoring order to their lives after becoming a victim of a crime, trauma or critical injury.
As an integral part of the Center for Counseling & Health, VSIS provides victims of crime, physical trauma, or injury access to high quality, community appropriate, victim-centered services.
- All avenues of immediate need victim support services
- Medical/criminal court or university conduct hearing accompaniment
- Information about victims’ rights and available options
- Assistance with the filing of the Pennsylvania Crime Victims Compensation Fund
- Collaboration with internal university offices and academic departments
- Internal and external resource outreach and education
- Assistance in securing appropriate campus and community support as needed
- Coordination of services and follow up care
The incidents listed below are just a few of the specific areas for which we provide support;
- Sexual Assault
- Physical Assault
- Critical Personal Injury
- Understanding the Pennsylvania's Crime Victim's Bill of Rights
Where is the Office of Victim Support & Intervention Services located?
Victim Support and Intervention Services, a service of the Office of Counseling & Health, is located in the Creese Student Center, Suite 215. VSIS offers a secure environment where individuals can feel comfortable and safe. VSIS is centrally located on campus and is easily accessible to students, faculty and staff, while guaranteeing the privacy of individuals seeking our services.
Who can use these services?
Students, Faculty, or Staff members can contact VSIS if they have been a victim of or impacted by a crime, physical trauma, or significant injury and require support or intervention services.
For crisis counseling / emergencies to reach an on call counselor after regular business hours please call 215-416-3337.