In addition to the services provided by the Counseling Center, you may need help in finding additional information about other resources, both on- and off-campus. Here are a few links to resources that you may find useful:
Join Active Minds!
Are you interested in mental health awareness or breaking down the stigma against mental illnesses? Do you want to change the conversation about mental health? Then check out Active Minds at Drexel University!
The Active Minds student organization will serve as a liaison between students and the mental health community by promoting open discussions about mental health, and holding various events such as movie screenings, panel discussions, stress relief activities and being a part of national events (Mental Health Awareness week, Stomp out Stigma, National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, etc.).
Our Goals are to break down the stigma of mental illness, raise awareness of mental health amongst college students, and to provide information and educate our campus about mental illnesses and what help is available.
For more information, please visit the Active Minds web site!
Drexel University Resources
Philadelphia Area Resources
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Interested in the culture of college drinking? Visit here to learn about the facts of drinking and how to help change the culture of college drinking.
- Hit this site to learn about alcohol and law enforcement in Pennsylvania.
- Trying to quit smoking? Helping someone else? Stop by this site to learn about the dangers of nicotine and the steps of smoking cessation.
- Say no to drugs. Visit the website to learn about a variety of drugs and their effects on the human body.
- Keep dance parties safe. Keep yourself safe. This site explains club drugs and why they should be avoided. You can even send questionable substances to their testing lab.
- Looking for help for yourself or a friend with alcohol, tobacco, other drugs?
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Association
International Crisis Hotlines and Counseling Services
- Screening for Mental Health, Inc.
On-line screening for depression, alcohol and eating disorders. This free screening is made available to all Drexel students and is taken anonymously. The screening is provided so that you may find out - in a few minutes - whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you.
Take a FREE, ANONYMOUS, Mental Health screening.
- Drexel University - Victim Support & Intervention Services
- This consortium website offers information regarding University City partners and the issue of violence against women.
- Women Organized Against Rape
24 Hour Hotline: (215) 985-3333
Women Organized Against Rape (WOAR) provides telephone counseling, crisis intervention, emergency room counseling, follow-up, referrals, court companions, advocacy, education, training, and literature.
- Stop A Suicide, Today!
- Suicide Prevention Center
24 Hour Hotline: (215) 686-4420
Links to Additional Resources