What C.H.O.I.C.E.S. is About
To support Drexel students in making good choices the C.H.O.I.C.E.S. (Choosing Healthy Options in Challenging Everyday Situations) Center for Alcohol, Other Drug, and Health Education offers a set of comprehensive and complementary initiatives designed to reduce high risk behaviors and related consequences and promote healthy and responsible behaviors. The Center, through its programs collaborates with other Drexel offices, departments, and student organizations, as well as community partners, to provide campus-wide, group specific and individually focused events, workshops, and interventions. Our goal is to provide accurate information to students, support healthy and responsible choices, increase protective factors, and decrease risk behaviors fostering a safe environment for students to succeed in all aspects of their university experience.
- DU C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Peer Education Network.
- A “Drop-In” information center for all for find assistance and information on alcohol, other drugs, responsible sexual behavior, STIs, Testicular and Breast Cancer to name a few.
- Individual assessment and counseling as it relates to alcohol and other drug use/abuse.
- Campus-wide programs ex: National Alcohol Screening Day, anti- drinking a driving and responsible 21st birthday programs to name a few.
- Multiple web-based resources - on-line screenings and check-ups to facebook and twitter accounts.
- Consultations to students, staff, and faculty on alcohol, other drug and behavioral health concerns.
- Referrals to community support such as AA/NA Meetings, adjunctive and/or alternate treatment (see Drexel and Local resources).