Alcohol, Other Drug, and Health Education
The C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Program
Choosing Healthy Options in Challenging Everyday Situations
The mission of the Office of Alcohol, Other Drug, and Health Education is to provide a variety of interesting, interactive, creative and relevant educational initiatives on alcohol, other drug, and health issues facing students today. We aim to help students better and more informed choices. We also continually serve as a resource for students, parents, staff, faculty, and administrators working to address the everyday challenges posed by alcohol and other drugs and their related risks. Please look through the on-line resources and programs to get a better sense of what we are about. For more information contact John Watson at 215-895-2049 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Alcohol Awareness PSA
Molly, is she worth it: Know the risks before it’s too late!
Click here to find out more (PPT)
Students of all ages are faced with making personal decisions about health and safety. Developing positive decision-making skills impacts students' lives and prepares students to enter the real world and the greater community to promote healthy and safe lifestyles. The C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Program promotes respect for state laws and campus policies that address high-risk behaviors that compromise health and safety and supports healthy and responsible choices made by students in the challenging situations they may face each day concerning alcohol abuse, tobacco use, illegal drug use, unhealthy sexual practices and other high-risk behaviors. The Network will devote the substantial portion of its resources and activities to:
- Create and foster a thriving network of students, student organizations, and university partners supporting healthy, safe, and responsible decision making
- Empower students and administrators to voice their opinions and needs to create healthier and safer campus communities
- Develop and promote cutting edge resources and health promotion campaigns that support peer education, campus leadership, and activism on health and safety issues
- Provide exceptional training opportunities for students, young adults and professionals to support health and safety strategies
- And encourage campus forums on young adult health and safety concerns.
Dragon C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Network
Students who make informed, responsible, and healthy choices in life's everyday challenging situations. Who to the best of their ability and support and encourage friends and colleagues in the Drexel community to do the same. All while showing others the honor and pride of being a DRAGON! Become a member and sign the pledge!
I pledge to uphold and honor the principles of the Dragon C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Network by making informed, responsible, and healthy choices in life's everyday challenging situations to the best of my ability. I also promise to support and encourage my friends and colleagues in the Drexel community to do the same. All while showing others the honor and pride of being a DRAGON!