Events and News
Our Latest Mission!
Drexel University Veterans Task Force & Supporters are currently collecting items for holiday care packages for our DU alumni who are serving abroad and the family of employees who are currently deployed. If you know someone that should receive a care package, please let us know!
All items from the list below will be accepted-please drop it off at one of these on-campus locations below:
- Suite 230 Main Building – near Randell Hall.
- Office of Student Affairs- Creese Student Center, Suite 215
- Recreation Center 3rd floor, Office 309
- Outside Room 521- Bellet Building 5th Floor (CNHP)
The deadline for collected items is Monday, December 3rd.
Please contact Tina Heuges in Enrollment Management or calll215-895-1629 for additional questions or pick up of items.
Items Requested by the Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan
We are no longer shipping books, magazines or toilet paper. These items are not essential at this time.
Body Scrub brushes
- Special Items for Women
- Gillette Shave gel Moisturizing bath soap
- Gillette deodorant Deodorant
- Hostess cakes Emery boards
- Rice Crispy treats Lotion
- Plastic forks, spoons, knives Small Mirror
- Countrytime Lemonade Individual Shower sponges/loofah
- Packets Body Wash
- Baby powder (removes sand) Hair Gel
- Fly Paper
- Sand Scarf
- Baby wipes (for cleaning rifles)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D)
- Sunglasses (new or used)
Visine or Saline eye drops (sand still
gets in goggles)
- Shower supplies/personal hygiene stuff
- Puzzle or crossword books
- Hand held electronic games - poker,
- Bagged tuna and chicken
- Chewing gum/suckers etc.
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Stationary (they like to write letters)
- Foot powder
- Dry roasted peanuts/mixed nuts
- Potato chips in cylinder or can
- Dried fruit
- Powdered drinks
- Slim Jims
- Beef Jerky
- Ramen noodles
- Hand sanitizer
- Peanut Butter (plastic container)
- Fruit cups (plastic container)
- Q tips
- Creamer packets/containers
- Shampoo & Conditioner