Parent and Family Resources
The Drexel Family Association (DFA) intensifies and improves the student experience by providing parents and family members a network of support. The DFA serves as a connection to the University and provides parents and family members with communication, involvement and development opportunities.
Parents and family members of all ages are invited to campus to reconnect with their student. Family Weekend includes a variety of casual events, activities and receptions that will allow families to experience student life on campus while enjoying the beautiful fall weather in Philadelphia.
Dean of Students Emergency Fund
The Drexel Family Association along with the Dean of Students has created a fund to support students in cases of temporary personal emergency such as family member death, medical emergency, emergency travel, natural disaster or loss of housing (fire, flood, collapse, domestic violence, etc.). Please consider supporting this fund and our students by visiting the Institutional Advancement donation page and including "Student Emergency Fund" in the additional instructions text entry block or by mailing a check made payable to "Drexel University" to Dean of Students Emergency Fund, 215 Creese Student Center, 3210 Chestnut St., Philadelphia PA 19104. Please include "Student Emergency Fund" in the note area of the check.
The DrexelNow Newsletter is published in collaboration with the Office of University Communications and is typically emailed on the 15th day of every month.
Subscribe to the DrexelNow email newsletter to stay up to date with all of the latest news, announcements and events at Drexel University.
Share information online and find advice, support, and a community of other parents and family members of Drexel University students. This group is moderated by Drexel staff members and Drexel Family Association (DFA) Advisory Council members who can help find answers to your questions.
The Drexel Family Guide is a collection of articles, contact information, important dates and other resources that are designed to help orient parents and family members of new students to the university. This guide is available in print form during Orientation and Family Weekend.
AlcoholEdu® for Parents
Drexel University has joined other top schools in the country in offering AlcoholEdu for all incoming Drexel students. AlcoholEdu® is a online alcohol education program that offers a confidential and personalized program aimed to educate students about making good decisions related to alcohol through:
- Resetting unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol
- Linking choices about drinking to academic and personal success
- Helping students practice safer decision-making
- Engaging students to create a healthier campus community
Parents and families have access to this great resource too, so you can see what your students are learning and engage in additional conversation with your student about healthy and safe decision making.
New user login ID: p212054parent
Access the full AlcoholEdu® resources and find additional Alcohol, Other Drug and Health Education information and resources here.
Woodburn Press Online Resources
Woodburn Press is an educational publishing company that offers resources for colleges, parents and students to support student success. Drexel is pleased to offer access to a number of e-book resources for parents and families to support their student. The following resources are available online for free to Drexel parents and families using the login information below:
- How to Get Good Grades in College - More than a study skills booklet, this book shows students how to succeed in college.
- Getting the Most Out of College - This book is a blueprint for success for new college students. Filled with practical, insightful tips and recommendations, it shows students how to excel both in and out of the classroom.
- College-What Parents Need to Know - This book is an excellent resource for the parents of incoming college students. Addressing common concerns of parents, it provides the information you need to guide your student. Filled with practical tips and advice, this book will show how you can help your student have a successful, positive college experience.
Username: drexel university
Additional Announcements for Parents and Families