New students & families have the opportunity to extend their Orientation experience by arriving one day early to explore the city of Philadelphia. Orientation staff members will be on hand to meet and show new students & families their favorite destinations in the city.
By attending Extended Orientation, you will get a head start by meeting other new students and families in a smaller setting, learn how to navigate public transportation, and understand how to safely explore the city.
Extended Orientation includes:
- One additional night of lodging (early arrival);
- $20 worth of DragonDollars for meals;
- Round trip transportation on the subway (2 tokens);
- Student-guided walking tour of Philadelphia.
Registration and Fees
- Select the Extended Orientation option when you pre-register for Orientation.
- There is a $25 fee to participate which pays for meals and subway transportation.
- There is an additional $40 lodging charge for early arrival in the residence hall ($70 for parents and families).
- Total fee for Extended Orientation is $65 ($95 for parents and families).
- View information about On-campus Lodging during Orientation.
You will receive a confirmation email one week prior to the first day of your Orientation session. Attached to the confirmation email is a parking permit with arrival instructions and a campus map. Print the parking permit and display on the dash of your vehicle for free parking on campus during Orientation.
- Parking: Lot W; Southeast corner of 33rd and Cherry streets
- Early Arrival Check-in Location: Kelly Hall (building 19); 1 block West from Lot W.
- Early Arrival Check-in is open between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Check-in before 5 p.m. (program begins at 6 p.m.)