If you pre-registered for Orientation you will receive a confirmation email one week prior to the first day of your Orientation session. This confirmation email will include the same information outlined below with a link to download the Orientation Arrival Packet.
2014 Orientation Arrival Packet
- Complimentary Parking Permit (available only to pre-registered participants)
- Orientation Campus Map
- Arrival Instructions (see below)
Parking for on-site registrants may be purchased by paying at the kiosk in the lobby of the parking garage after you park. Please review current parking rates for more information.
Prepare for Orientation
Directions & Parking
Lot G: Parking Garage (building 16); Northwest corner of 34th and Ludlow Streets
GPS Navigation Address: 3380 Ludlow Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Directions to University City Campus from all directions, airport, parking, and public transportation
- Don't forget to print the parking permit included in your confirmation email
- Please arrive on campus early as parking lots fill up quickly. Parking is not guaranteed.
Check-in to Orientation
Students pre-registered for Fall Orientation with a fall housing assignment should check-in at the front desk of your residence hall at the following times:
- 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15 (international students)
- 12 to 8 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15 (domestic students)
- 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16 (all students)
Look for Orientation staff members in blue & gold shirts to direct you where to go. At check-in you will receive your room key, wristband for meals, Orientation schedule, and name tag. Parents and families may check-in with their student.
Students registered for Fall Orientation who will be commuting to campus should check in at the Creese Student Center (Chestnut Street between 32nd and 33rd Streets) at the following times:
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16
Look for Orientation staff members in blue & gold shirts to direct you where to go. At check-in you will receive your wristband for meals, Orientation schedule, and name tag. Parents and families may check-in with their student.
Download the New Student Days schedule for an overview of the events on Monday, Sept. 15.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Welcome to Drexel Fair, Recreation Center Lobby
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Shopping Shuttles, 33rd & Market Streets
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Campus Tours, Recreation Center Lobby
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Walking Tour of Philadelphia, Recreation Center Lobby
- 5 - 6 p.m. Exchange Student Welcome, Location to be determined
- 6 - 8 p.m. Drexel Welcomes You BBQ dinner, 33rd Street & Lancaster Walk
Visit the New Student Days website for detailed information about everything happening on campus this week.
Orientation Begins Tuesday at 1 p.m.
- New Students: Meet Orientation Leaders at Drexel Park (32nd St & Powelton Avenue)
- Parents and family members: Meet in the Mandell Theatre (Chestnut between 32nd & 33rd St)
Questions? Call us at 215.895.1451
Hotlines are open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).