Homecoming 2013 King and Queen
2013 Homecoming Court Selection
The Homecoming Committee is seeking applications for members of the Drexel Homecoming Court. Homecoming Court members serve as student representatives at Homecoming events throughout Spirit Week and Homecoming. The five (5) men and five (5) women chosen by the selection committee will then be voted upon for the positions of Homecoming King & Queen. The Homecoming King & Queen serve as student representatives at University events throughout the year and receive a $250.00 scholarship.
Please download the full Homecoming Court Information Packet (PDF) for all rules, requirements, and application materials.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - Court Applications Available
- Monday, November 19, 2012 (12pm) - Applications Due to Dean of Students Office, Creese 215
- November 28 -30, 2012 - Homecoming Court Interviews
- Friday, November 30, 2012 - Homecoming Court Notified Via Email
- Tuesday, December 4, 2012 (8pm) - Homecoming Court Meeting
- Wednesday, January 9, 2013 - Campaign Materials Due for Approval
- Thursday, January 10, 2013 - Campaigning Begins
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - Campaigning Ends
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013 (12pm) - Voting Begins
- Thursday, January 24, 2013 (8pm) - Voting Ends
- Saturday, January 26, 2013 - King & Queen Announced at Homecoming Game Halftime
Election Rules & Regulations
1. Completed Homecoming Court applications are due to the Dean of Students Office, Creese 215, by Friday, November 9 at 12:00pm.
2. Any full-time undergraduate student (12 credit hours or more) may be nominated.
3. Nominees must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
4. Nominees must be in good standing with Student Conduct & Community Standards (no current disciplinary actions).
5. All nominees must be sponsored by a recognized student organization (under the Office of Campus Activities) OR submit a Candidate Petition with at least ten signatures of undergraduate student supporters.
6. Co-ed organizations may nominate one candidate for King’s Court and one candidate for Queen’s Court. Otherwise, organizations are limited to one nominee.
7. Nominated candidates will participate in the Court Selection Process, which includes an interview, review of campus and community involvement, and personal statement. Final Court selections will include 5 King candidates and 5 Queen candidates.
8. All dates included in this packet under ‘Required Events’ are considered mandatory for selected King and Queen candidates. If unable to attend, a representative must attend in your place, and Joe Peltzer (email@example.com) must be notified prior to the event.
9. King and Queen Candidates are expected to have an escort for the Homecoming game halftime crowning ceremony. Attire is formal.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in disqualification.
Contact Joseph Peltzer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.