Homecoming Window Decorating Contest
To celebrate Homecoming 2015, we invite your organization (or team) to show its school spirit by decorating the windows of the Recreation Center. A maximum of 25 groups will be chosen to showcase their organizations by creatively painting and decorating the windows. Each group will be asked to submit a drawing of their proposed painting for approval prior to the competition. Groups will then have the opportunity to decorate the windows the week of Homecoming on Jan. 19 through Jan. 21.
The Homecoming Window Decorating Competition Committee will evaluate and judge the paintings on Thursday, Jan. 22 and prizes will be awarded to the top designs.
Rules and Regulations
Completed Homecoming Window Decorating design applications [PDF] are due to Bryan Ford, Interim Director of Recreation, by Wednesday, Jan. 14 at 12 p.m.
- Applications can be submitted electronically or in person.
- Any individual, group, or recognized student organization may submit a design application. Awards will be given in two categories – one for individual/group and one for recognized student organization. Limit of 1 submission for each group or organization.
- Designs must be submitted electronically (PDF or JPG) or in-person (hand-drawn) by Wednesday, Jan. 14 at 12 p.m. or their assigned window will be awarded to next team on the waiting list.
- All approved designs will be eligible to sign up for a designated time slot to decorate a window of the Recreation Center during the week of Jan. 19, 2015.
- No more than 25 windows will be assigned to groups/teams/individuals with approved designs.
- All designs, once complete, will be judged by the 2015 Homecoming Window Decorating Committee on Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 using the rubric below.
- Awards will be given to the best overall student organization design and the best overall individual/team
- All painting materials will be provided by the Homecoming Window Decorating Committee. Participants/groups are not permitted to use their own materials.
- Windows will be labeled with the number you are assigned (and/or organization name).
- Painting on any other window will result in loss of opportunity to participate.
- Designs should be tasteful and not include obscene language or offensive imagery.
- Designs may not reference or contain images of alcohol, drugs, nudity, or explicit sexual content.
If a design is deemed inappropriate, it will be painted over and the organization may be refereed to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- Every effort should be made to not get any paint on the walls or other areas around the assigned window.
- Any cost to clean up the area around your window will be charged to your organization.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in disqualification.
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015 - Applications and designs due to Bryan Ford (email@example.com) or Rec Athletics office suite, Recreation Center
- Friday, Jan. 16, 2015 - Applicants will be notified if their design has been approved and time slots will be assigned
- Jan. 19-21, 2015 - Groups, teams and individuals will have the opportunity to paint their assigned window
- Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015 - Homecoming Window Decorating Committee will judge windows
The following point structure will be used to select the winners of the Window Decorating contest:
Guidelines - 10 points
All designs must meet the criteria of the contest by:
- Adhering to all guidelines listed in rules & regulations
- Submitting all applications & designs by the deadline
Craftsmanship - 30 points
Designs will be judged on their artwork in the following areas:
- Neatly executed designs
- Use of basic design elements
Creativity - 30 points
Designs will be judged on their creativity in the following areas:
- Original design
- Creative use of space given
Drexel Spirit - 30 points
Designs will be judged on their use of Drexel University and spirit by:
- Use of Drexel University in design
- Representing Drexel in a positive way
Total Points Available - 100 points
1. Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity
2. Navy ROTC
3. Beta Chi Theta Fraternity
4. Global China Connection
5. Sean Conti
6. Special Olympics
7. Club Softball
8 Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
9. Circle K
10. Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority
11. Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity
12. Vagina Monologues
13. Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority
14. Campus Activities Board
16. Pre-Physician Assistants Club
17. Dragons for Israel
18. Theme Park Engineering Design Group
2015 - Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity
2014 - Women's Club Rugby
2013 - FUSE