Homecoming 2014 King and Queen
Homecoming Court members serve as student representatives at Homecoming events throughout Spirit Week and Homecoming. The 3 men and 3 women chosen by the selection committee will then be voted upon for the positions of Homecoming King & Queen. The Homecoming King & Queen serve as student representatives at University events throughout the year and receive a $250 scholarship.
Voting for Homecoming King and Queen will take place Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 12 p.m. to Friday, Jan. 24 at 5 p.m.
Find out who won at half-time of the men's basketball game on Saturday, Jan. 25.
2014 King Candidates
Pre-Junior, Biomedical Engineering
Representing Drexel Dandiya
Senior, Marketing/Legal Studies
Representing Alpha Epsilon Pi
Senior, Film and Video
Representing Sigma Phi Epsilon
2014 Queen Candidates
Senior, Finance and Marketing
Representing Campus Activities Board
Representing Commuter and Transfer Assistants
Representing Sigma Sigma Sigma
Please download the full Homecoming Court Information Packet for all rules, requirements, and application materials.
- Monday, Nov. 18, 2013 - Homecoming Court Applications Available on DragonLink
- Friday, Jan. 10, 2014 (12 p.m.) - Applications Due in DragonLink or Creese 215
- Jan. 13-15, 2014 - Homecoming Court Committee Interviews
- Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014 - Announcement of Homecoming Court
- Friday, Jan. 17, 2014 (12pm) - Mandatory Homecoming Court Meeting
- Jan. 21-Jan. 24, 2014 - Homecoming King & Queen Elections
- Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014 - Announcement of Homecoming King & Queen
Election Rules & Regulations
1. Completed Homecoming Court applications are due on DragonLink or to Creese 215 by Friday, Jan. 10, 2014 at 12 p.m.
2. Any full-time undergraduate student (12 credit hours or more) may be nominated.
3. Nominees must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
4. Nominees must be in good standing with Student Conduct & Community Standards (no current disciplinary actions).
5. All nominees must be sponsored by a recognized student organization (under the Office of Campus Activities) OR submit a Candidate Petition with at least ten signatures of undergraduate student supporters.
6. Co-ed organizations may nominate one candidate for King’s Court and one candidate for Queen’s Court. Otherwise, organizations are limited to one nominee.
7. Nominated candidates will participate in the Court Selection Process, which includes an interview, review of campus and community involvement, and personal statement. Final Court selections will include 3 King candidates and 3 Queen candidates.
8. All dates included in this packet under ‘Required Events’ are considered mandatory for selected King and Queen candidates. If unable to attend, a representative must attend in your place, and Joe Peltzer (email@example.com) must be notified prior to the event.
9. King and Queen Candidates are expected to have an escort for the Homecoming game halftime crowning ceremony. Attire is formal.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in disqualification.
Contact Joseph Peltzer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.