Student Center for Inclusion and Culture
Promoting an inclusive, interdependent and socially just community through educational programming
The Student Center for Inclusion and Culture coordinates comprehensive cultural month programming and develops and implements a wide range of multicultural and social justice education and training opportunities on topics including but not limited to: gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation and socioeconomic class by means of in-class presentations, intergroup dialogue circles, student organization workshops, etc., to increase student engagement and promote an inclusive and interdependent, socially just community.
The Student Center for Inclusion and Culture leads and inspires both students and professional staff to create and maintain an engaged and vibrant university environment that promotes intercultural understanding, interaction and dialogue. Further, the Student Center for Inclusion and Culture strives to provide a variety of intentional settings where students can learn from each other by examining their preconceptions and prejudices, challenging themselves and each other to reach new levels of understanding and insight in conjunction with partners across the University and in the greater Philadelphia community.
The programs and services provided by the Student Center for Inclusion and Culture are based on a philosophy of social justice, meaningful and equal participation of a group within a society that is mutually shaped to meet their needs. The programs and services provided by the office are open to all members of the Drexel University community.
- Development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of educational programs
- Increasing the intercultural competencies of our students through:
- Workshops for student organizations/classes
- Sexuality and Gender Equality (SAGE) training
- Coordination of comprehensive cultural month programming
- Intentional cultivation of multicultural competence for all members of the University community
- Advisement of student-initiated multicultural student organizations
- Recruit, hire and train peer leaders, Intercultural Advocates
- Collaboration with University to enhance and support the success of students from historically under-represented groups
- Promote increased awareness, understanding and appreciation of ethnic, racial, cultural and spiritual identity for all students