Drexel Senior Experience
Mission and Purpose
The Drexel Senior Experience (DSE) helps students prepare for graduation and transition into the real world while keeping them involved and connected to the university for a lifetime.
The DSE program is designed to help students prepare for graduation and transition into the world of work, graduate school and any number of options Drexel graduating seniors may eventually pursue. In addition to assisting seniors with their preparation for the real world, the DSE program will help new alumni continue their ties to the institution beyond graduation, and increase their future financial support, volunteerism and/or alumni giving potential, as well as increase the possibility of retaining them as graduate students in other Drexel programs. The DSE program will create stronger class unity, a positive experience during their final terms and a greater connection to Drexel as graduating students prepare to move on into the next chapter of their lives.
Stay connected to DSE and your fellow classmates with our social media resources:
Background and Overview
The Drexel Senior Experience (DSE) program was developed in 2009-2010 and fully launched in 2010-2011. Under the leadership of Student Affairs, the Office of Student Leadership Development and Traditions assembled a team of campus partners, including Alumni Relations, Steinbright Career Development Center, Institutional Advancement, Drexel Traditions Program, Fraternity and Sorority Life and nearly 20 other colleges and departments.
During the 2010-2011 academic year, the DSE program built upon its successful inaugural campaign and created several new events. Altogether, nearly 1,500 students benefited from the 21 programs and services offered, up from 8 total programs in 2009-10. Program offerings included career preparation programs, special lectures and speaker presentations, social and networking events and many other activities. Services included special publications for seniors (such as the New Graduate and Life After Graduation Guides), senior-specific email communications and a central website with event listings, graduation information and resources for seniors. The program launched with a kick-off celebration in September 2010 and culminated with commencement in June 2011.
The program supports Drexel’s mission and goals, demonstrates excellence in campus collaboration, delivers exceptional results while efficiently working with minimal funding, and exemplifies Drexel’s core competencies while fostering Drexel pride and spirit amongst our graduating seniors and recent alumni.
Below are a sampling of events the DSE program has sponsored since its inception in 2010
- Senior and Young Alumni September Social – an event celebrating the last September for the senior class as Drexel students and the first September as alumni for the previous year's graduates
- Countdown To Commencement: Senior Kick-Off Celebration – held during Homecoming weekend where seniors received the limited-edition class t-shirt
- Senior Spring Mixer: 2,011 Hours Until Graduation – an event that kicked-off the final term for seniors
- Business Etiquette Dinner – a three-course dinner led by a professional etiquette coach presenting proper techniques and common pitfalls of a business dinner throughout the meal, culminating in an evening of networking with prominent Drexel Alumni
- Bon Voyage Graduation Celebration – a collaboration between the student-led Drexel Traditions Program, Institutional Advancement, the Alumni Association and Student Affairs, bringing together seniors a week before graduation to celebrate their achievements
- Champagne Toast Ceremony with President Fry – a tradition for the senior class was an opportunity for President Fry and the Alumni Association to recognize senior students with a celebratory toast
Key Campus Partners
Office of Campus Activities
Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life
Office of Alumni Relations
Office of the Provost
Steinbright Career Development Center
Office of Commuter and Transfer Student Engagement
Residential Living Office
LeBow College of Business and LeBow Undergraduate Career Development Office
College of Engineering
School of Education
Lindy Center for Civic Engagement
Department of Athletics
Undergraduate Student Government Association
Graduate Student Association
Campus Activities Board
Faculty Senate Student Affairs Committee
Drexel Traditions Program
For more details on the DSE Program or to partner with us, contact email@example.com.