Alumni - Advisors and Allies
Thank you for your support of the fraternity and sorority community at Drexel University!
This site has been designed as an informative resource for fraternity and sorority advisors, volunteers and alumni. You will find news on upcoming events, recent news and accomplishments as well as tools available to those that advise and/or regularly interact with our undergraduate members.
Advisors are mentors who provide expert knowledge and insight gained through experiences to the members. They encourage and motivate members to take advantage of various opportunities that are available to them at Drexel University and to share this information with their fellow members. Through advisor involvement, guidance, appropriate intervention and questions, students will be able to make meaning of their experiences, develop their leadership potential, and learn to work effectively as contributing members of a community.
- Adapted from Supervisor's Journal, PaperClip Communications
The role of a fraternity or sorority alumnus is very different than that of a student member. The challenges of starting a career and/or a family can make it difficult for many alumni to stay involved with their fraternity or sorority. Alumni members of all ages can find ways to support their chapter at Drexel University. Some alumni serve as mentors to undergraduates while others serve as chapter advisors. Others contribute financially to their fraternity or sorority. However you stay involved, we know that membership doesn’t end when you graduate.
If you are a fraternity or sorority alumnus looking to get reconnected, please contact the Fraternity & Sorority Life staff for assistance.
The Drexel Inter-Fraternity Alumni Association (DIFAA)
||DIFAA is a group of interested Greek alumni members who support the Greek community at Drexel University. Its mission is to:
- Serve as an advocate for undergraduate chapters of fraternities and sororities to university administration and the larger community
- Increase the interaction and involvement of Greek alumni with undergraduate chapters and Drexel University
- Enhance the academic and social mission of fraternities and sororities at Drexel University
- Provide personal and professional networking opportunities for members
- Foster open communication between all parties whose decisions impact the Greek community at Drexel University
- Create social opportunities that complement those already offered by chapter alumni groups and Drexel University
- Provide a forum for members to share knowledge in order to make sound decisions in the best interest of the Greek community.
In accomplishing its mission, all members pledge to work in the best interest of the entire Greek community.
For more information on DIFAA, contact email@example.com
Thank you for taking on the role of advisor. We understand the commitment involved in this role and would like to provide as much support as possible as you take the position on. This website contains a variety of information to assist you in your role as chapter advisor. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, contact the Fraternity & Sorority Life staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraternity & Sorority Advisor Manual (updated manual coming soon)
Fraternity Information & Programming Group (FIPG) - http://www.fipg.org/
Drexel University Student Handbook - http://www.drexel.edu/studentaffairs/slhandbook.htm