Reuse, Restore and Recycle
Tuesday, June 10 - Sunday, June 15
Dispose of Trash
The Drexel University community in partnership with Habitat Restore, Philabundance, Goodwill, the Powelton Village Association and U-Haul are working together to provide on and off-campus students and local community members the opportunity to:
- Reduce waste
- Appropriately dispose of trash
- Contribute to the community through donations
All of which is taking place in the Powelton Village and Mantua neighborhoods.
Throughout the June Drexel move out period, Drexel and local community members will be able to donate hard and soft goods as well as food items at the following locations:
Hard and soft items
- Tuesday, June 10: Drexel Residence Halls, Race Street Lawn (12-3:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday, June 10: Fraternity and Sorority/34th Street Housing, Parking Lot D - behind houses on 35th St. (4-7 p.m.)
- Wednesday, June 11: 33rd St. and Powelton Ave. (3-7 p.m.)
- Friday, June 13: 35th and Spring Garden streets (3-7 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 15: 37th St. and Powelton Ave. (3-7 p.m.)
Towel and blanket donations will be given to the PSPCA to help support animals in the shelters
- All residence halls
- Each fraternity and sorority house on 34th St. and Powelton Ave.
- Academic Properties Inc. leasing office (3601 Powelton Ave.)
- The Courts leasing office (3500 Powelton Ave.)
Detailed list of suggested donation items
Items collected for Goodwill during the donation times above will be deposited in the Goodwill collection containers for the Drexel/Goodwill donation drive from June 17 - Sept. 12.
As donation sites will be changing on a daily basis, we would like to give a special thank you to U-Haul International for donating the two 17-foot moving trucks and mileage for transporting all your donated goods to the above mentioned organizations.
In addition to donations, two large dumpsters will be available from June 11 - June 30 at the following locations:
32nd St. and Powelton Ave. (Drexel Park side)
3412 Powelton Ave.
Mattress and Box Springs Disposal (New Philadelphia Law)
Effective Dec. 1, 2013, the regulations for setting out mattresses and box springs for trash changed, requiring residents to bag and seal these items in mattress covers in order to be collected. This regulation is being instituted to protect against the spread of bed bugs.
Mattresses and box springs that are not properly bagged and sealed will not be collected nor accepted at our Sanitation Convenience Centers. Mattress bags are available at many retail stores and online.
However, you can also pick up a free mattress bag at the donation times and locations listed above.
For more information, visit philadelphiastreets.com/mattress-removal.aspx.
Drexel Green encourages recycling throughout campus during the move out period listed above. To recycle items outside of the locations listed below, email email@example.com.
Items you can recycle are:
- Batteries - residence hall lobbies
- Cell phones - residence hall lobbies
- Broken electronics (TVs, game systems, computers, etc.) - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cardboard (broken down) - residence hall trash rooms, fraternity/sorority houses and academic and administrative buildings
- Mixed paper - residence hall trash rooms, fraternity/sorority houses and academic and administrative buildings
- Aluminum, glass and plastic containers - residence hall trash rooms, fraternity/sorority houses and academic and administrative buildings
For more information or accommodations, please contact email@example.com or 215.895.1328.