Drexel Community Flea Market
Make Money, Donate/Recycle Items or Buy Items From Your Fellow Drexel Students
Saturday, June 8th from 12pm-4pm at the Race Street Lawn
(Rain Date: June 9th from 12pm-4pm at Drexel Park)
Commuter and Transfer Student Engagement (CTSE) in partnership with the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA) and the International Graduate Student Association (IGSA) will be hosting the first ever Drexel Community Flea Market. This will be an opportunity for you to make money and sell items you do not want to take with you when you move-out, and/or your artistic creations such as clothing, jewelry and knick knacks.
You can sign-up as an individual or get a group of friends together and sign-up as a team. Student Organizations are also welcome to sell items as a fundraiser for your group.
Each individual/group will receive a 6ft table and 2 chairs. There is a $10 fee to reserve a table - $5 will be returned to individuals/teams who then attend the Flea Market. To register for a table at the Market, please go to: http://goo.gl/usV3A.
Food, Bands and the West Philadelphia Food Hub will also be present to sell fresh produce. The Market will also be a great opportunity for you to buy items you may need for next year.
The Sierra Club and Drexel Green will also have a table where you can recycle your cell phones, batteries and old beauty products.
Furthermore, a Donation Truck will be present to collect items you wish to donate from 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Items that can be donated are:
- Clothing of any kind
- Books, records, movies
- Accessories (hand bags, belts, scarves, etc....)
- Household items (dishes, housewares, knick-knacks, etc...)
- Domestics (sheets, towels, blankets, etc....)
- Small electronics (radios, digital-capable YVs, clocks, lamps and kitchen appliances like mixers, toasters, etc....)
- Computers and computer equipment
- Upholstered furniture (furniture in good condition, the organization collecting the items will not clean or repair the furniture)
- Exercise equipment, bicycles and sporting goods
For more information or accommodations, please contact CTSE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-1328.