The Office of Commuter and Transfer Student Engagement (CTSE) is an area within the Office of Student Affairs. CTSE began in 2001 in response to the need for Drexel to better support the commuter and off campus student experience.
Today, the office continues to support its original mission for over 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students at Drexel's 3 campuses in Philadelphia who commute daily. In addition, CTSE now supports the transfer student experience.
Student Organization Resource Center
Creese Student Center, lower level
3210 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Commuter and Transfer Student Engagement (CTSE) is committed to enriching the commuter, transfer, and graduate student experience by providing opportunities for students to interact, advocating for the office's subpopulations' needs, and increasing student involvement in the campus community through programming and open dialogue between students.
In serving our various subpopulations, CTSE focuses on five core area of focus. We strive to foster connections between commuter, graduate and transfer students and the Drexel University community. By providing programs, resources, and services relating to our core values CTSE is able to achieve the goals set forth each year by the office staff.
- Orientation and Transition - Providing unique transition opportunities that reflect students’ future experiences on campus by educating them about Drexel, as well as, community resources, services and programs that will serve their particular needs and interests while engaging students within the Drexel and Philadelphia community.
- Community - Developing new opportunities to interweave a diverse body of students through shared experiences both on and off campus by fostering pride in the University and within each subpopulation group through engagement in programs, providing applicable resources and services, and by serving as an advocate for the unique needs of each subpopulation.
- Academic Connections - Collaborating with stakeholders to provide students with convenient academic resources and programs, which allow them to interact with faculty and academic support staff, participate in transformative learning opportunities in and outside of the classroom, as well as, empower students to educate faculty and staff about their unique needs as commuter, transfer and/or graduate students.
- Communication - Providing consistent, reliable, and timely information to students, which are personal to each subpopulation’s experience on campus; utilizing appropriate technology to outreach to students and educate them about both the Drexel University community and the greater Philadelphia area.
- Commuter-Friendly Space - Working with partners to provide commuter, transfer and graduate students with suitable space and facilities, which are welcoming and reflect students’ needs concerning size, accessibility, cleanliness and technology.
Statement of Leadership
CTSE is dedicated to providing opportunities to empower commuter, graduate and transfer students in:
- Making ethical and balanced choices
- Enriching their community through service and knowledge
- Advocating for their own interests and the needs of others
- Thinking critically and acting with passion
- Communicating effectively to articulate their vision and ideas
- Exercising their knowledge, talents and authority appropriately and with respect to the Drexel and local community
Commitment to Diversity
CTSE is committed to providing an inclusive environment that embraces and appreciates the values, cultures, beliefs and life experiences of all members of the Drexel community.
It is our duty to expose, reflect and challenge students to grow in their own self awareness and knowledge of the world around them. It is through these acts that we prepare students to interact with an intercultural work force and community as well as lead on the global stage.