Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC)
The Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (SAFAC) exists to support the initiatives, goals, and activities of recognized Drexel student organizations and Student Affairs by allocating student activity fees. SAFAC applies consistent unbiased funding decisions to represent the interest of the undergraduate students and enhances campus life by supporting the educational mission of Drexel University.
The committee consists of 14 full-time undergraduate students and the SAFAC Advisor, a professional staff member from the Office of Campus Activities. The committee exists to distribute student activity fees collected each year to recognized student organizations at Drexel University. The student portion of the committee consists of:
- 11 students chosen through an application process (9 Liaisons, 1 Chair and 1 Vice-Chair)
- 1 representative from the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA)
- 1 Club Sports Council liaison (chosen by the Club Sports Council)
- 1 Fraternity & Sorority Life liaison (chosen by the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life)
The SAFAC Office oversees the following funding opportunities: Annual Allocations, Conference Funding, and The Good Idea Fund. Student organizations should familiarize themselves with SAFAC by reviewing all materials listed within the SAFAC website at drexel.edu/safac.
The Good Idea Fund
The Good Idea Fund Committee is funded by student activity fees and exists as a way for individual students, faculty, and staff to apply for and access student activity fee funds to engage the undergraduate student body in a broad spectrum of student life and campus-based initiatives.
Goals of The Good Idea Fund:
- Enable individual student, faculty, and staff ideas to benefit the undergraduate student body
- Engage undergraduate students within the Drexel University community through the implementation of their ideas
- Provide a diverse array of student-created and endorsed programs, events, and projects for the undergraduate student body
The Good Idea Fund is eager to fund and support events and programs for 2013-2014. All applications should be submitted approximately four weeks in advance of the proposed event date, program, or project. Submit all completed Good Idea Fund Applications to Goodideafund@gmail.com.