Substance Abuse Assistance
Drexel University is concerned about anyone who has a problem with substance abuse. Assistance is available through campus and community resources. Please do not hesitate to reach out for support by contacting the people and/or agencies listed below. For those who seek to identify treatment resources on their own, contact the Focus on Recovery Helpline at 1-800-234-1253.
If you are a student who is concerned about your alcohol and/or other drug use or you feel someone close to you may have a problem with alcohol and/or other drug use, you can contact the Student Counseling Center, Center City Campus (CCC) at 215-762-7625, or the Counseling Center, University City Campus (UCMC) at 215-895-1415 for confidential assistance.
The CCC Counseling Center located on the 3rd Floor of the Bellet Building (15th & Race Streets) and the UCMC Counseling Center located on the 2nd Floor of Creese Student Center (3210 Chestnut St.) are staffed by therapists with experience in the area of substance abuse.
Students whose substance problem may require more extensive treatment will be referred to the appropriate services. Faculty and staff who have concerns about a student who appears to have a problem with substances are encouraged to consult with Counseling Center staff for assistance.
For information about local self-help meetings contact:
- Alcoholics Anonymous 215-574-6900
- Adult Children of Alcoholics 215-333-0444
- Al-Anon 215-222-5244 (for family and friends of alcoholics)
- Nar-Anon 215-440-8400 (for family and friends of drug addicted persons)
- Cocaine Anonymous 610-325-9134
- Suicide Prevention 215-686-4420
Faculty and staff who have concerns about enforcement of the alcohol and other drugs policy should contact Jim Tucker, Senior Vice President for Student Life and Administrative Services, at 215-895-2800.
Students who have concerns about enforcement of the alcohol and other drugs policy should contact Dr. David A. Ruth, Dean of Students, at 215-895-2501.
Additional University Resources:
- Pam Geller, Ph.D., 215-762-7625, Director - Student Counseling Center CCC
- Annette Molyneux, Ph.D., 215-895-1415, Associate Dean, Counseling & Health UCMC
- John Watson, MS, NCC, AC, 215-895-1415, Director AODHE Office
Learn more here about The Office of Alcohol, Other Drug, and Health Education.