Faculty Academic Integrity Form
Faculty MUST use this LINK to report all violations of the Academic Integrity policy:
When a student is suspected of violating the academic integrity policy, the faculty member will take the following steps:
- Preserve all documentation and material relevant to the case
- Consult with the department head or designee
- Notify the student of the suspected infraction and the faculty member's intention to submit a complaint, and seek the student's explanation
- Undertake any further investigation the faculty member considers appropriate, and initially determine whether a violation of the Academic Integrity policy has occurred. If the student agrees a violation has occurred, the faculty member will inform the department head or designee, program director, or equivalent administrator (hereafter referred to as department head) offering the course of the alleged violation, and the infraction will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards using the on-line reporting form and with an appropriate sanction (see below for options)
- If the student disagrees that a violation has occurred, the faculty member will require the student to meet with the department head who will make a final determination whether a violation of the Academic Integrity policy has occurred
- If, based on the information presented by the faculty member and the student, and with the results of any further investigation the department head may undertake, the department head agrees that an academic integrity infraction has occurred, the department head and faculty member will determine the appropriate sanctions and inform the student of their decision. The infraction will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards using the on-line reporting form and with an appropriate sanction
- The referral using the on-line reporting form should include documentation of all communication between the faculty member and the student (convert to PDF and attach) and the final sanction determined for the incident.
For the first infraction, the sanction may include one of the four options:
- An "F" for the assignment or exam
- Reduction of course grade
- Failure for the entire course
- Any of the above sanctions with the inability to withdraw, or
- Other action deemed appropriate by the faculty member. Examples include, but are not limited to, requiring the student to re-take the exam, re-complete an assignment, or complete an assigned exercise.
Any infraction beyond a first offense is subject to the sanctions described above, as well as to sanctions that may be imposed through the University Conduct process.