Drexel Employee's Guide to Hiring a Work Study Student
- Work-Study Job Listing Form – Post, modify, or remove a work-study job listing
- Work-study students will be processed on Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAFs). You can create the following transactions within DrexelOne:
Visit HRIS for a complete user guide and instructions.
- Hire and rehire a student for a work-study position
- Terminate a work-study student
- Change department for a work-study student
- Change the salary of a current work-study student
Steps to Hiring a Work-Study Student
- If you already know the student you would like to hire, please skip to step 4. Otherwise, submit a Work-Study Job Listing Request Form.
- You will receive another confirmation email informing you that your listing has been posted online. You and students will be able to access the posting from the list of Federal College Work-Study Jobs.
- Schedule and conduct interviews once you have confirmed that the student has received a work-study award.
- Once you have selected the student for hire, submit a New Hire or Rehire EPAF via DrexelOne.
- Refer students who have never worked at Drexel before to complete the New Hire Paperwork and bring it, along with proper identification, to the Human Resources Department, located at 3201 Arch Street, Suite 430. If a student has worked for Drexel in the past but not worked in the last year, he or she will need to submit new hire paperwork. For complete instructions visit the Human Resources Work Study Process webpage. The student will not receive a paycheck until this paperwork has been processed.
- The SRC/Financial Aid Office will enter the new hires into the Banner Financial Aid System. You may request access to Hyperion reporting which will enable you to monitor the balance of funds remaining in the student's account.
Federal Work-Study job funds may be earned from July 1 through June 30 of each academic year. If a student's work-study funds are exhausted during the fiscal year, overages will be charged to your departmental budget. Increases normally are not available.
- Human Resources Information Services (HRIS) will automatically enter the student into the Banner Human Resources/Payroll System from the data entered by the SRC/Financial Aid Office. Students must submit timesheets for payroll processing.
- When applicable, use the EPAF process in DrexelOne to notify SRC/Financial Aid and Human Resources of:
- Department change
- Rate change