The Federal College Work-Study program at Drexel is designed to help college students who have demonstrated financial need defray costs during the school year. Qualifying students work part-time to earn money for education-related expenses such as books, transportation, and personal expenses.
Federal College Work-Study earnings are paid on a bi-weekly basis. Earnings come from your financial aid package and you will not be eligible for an increase once you have earned the maximum amount. The pool of available funds is renewed at the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1).
Obtaining a Work-Study Position
- Check DrexelOne to verify that you have been awarded a work-study grant.
- View available work-study jobs.
- Review and apply for a desired job with the department(s).
- Wait to hear from campus office for which you applied to confirm that you have been hired.
- If you have not previously worked at Drexel, complete the New Hire Paperwork and bring it, along with proper identification, to the Human Resources Department, located at 3201 Arch Street.
- Monitor your work hours in DrexelOne to ensure you do not exceed your work-study award. Increases normally are not available.
- Follow the procedure of the department where you are working to submit your hours for receipt of a paycheck.
If you are a Drexel faculty or staff member and would like to employ a student through the Federal Work-Study Program, please view the Employer Information.