Rajashi Ghosh, Ph.D.
Program Director of Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Development and Learning Technologies
One Drexel Plaza
3401 Market Street
M.S., Adult Education and Organization Development
Ed.D., Educational Leadership & Management
Ph.D., Educational Leadership Development and Learning Technologies
Ph.D., University of Louisville
M.B.A., K.J. Somaiya Institute of Studies and Research, Mumbai, India
Areas of Expertise:
- Human Resource Development
- Mentoring and Leader Development
- Workplace Incivility
- Workplace Learning and Development
Read Dr. Rajashi Ghosh's Full CV
Awards and Honors
- Drexel University, School of Education Associate Professor, Adult Education and Organization Development (2015-present)
- Drexel University, School of Education Assistant Professor, Human Resource Development (2009-2015)
- University of Louisville, College of Education and Human Development Graduate Research Assistant (2006-09)
- Hindustan Polyamides & Fibers Ltd (Bombay Oil Industries), Mumbai, India Assistant Manager, Human Resources
- Received the 2015-2016 Provost Award for Outstanding Early-Career Scholarly Achievement, Drexel University.
- Received the Early Career Scholar Award at the 2016 Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD) conference.
- Received 2015 Outstanding Reviewer of the Year Award of Human Resource Development Review journal.
- Nominated and accepted for the Drexel Leaders 2020 program (fourth cohort).
- Received 2015 Literati Award for Excellence for Highly Commended Paper in European Journal of Training and Development.
- Received Elwood F. Holton III Research Excellence Award at 2014 Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD) conference for best article of the year in Human Resource Development Review (HRDR).
- Nominated for 2012-2013 Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching, Drexel University.
- Received Elwood F. Holton III Research Excellence Award at 2013 Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD).
- Received 2012 Dean’s Faculty Award for Scholarship (Tenure-track), School of Education, Drexel University.
- Received 2012 Outstanding Reviewer of the Year Award of Human Resource Development Review journal.
- Received 2011 Cutting Edge Research Award at Academy of Human Resource Development (AHRD).
- Received 2010 Best Paper Award in the Management Education and Development Division of Academy of Management (AOM).
- Received 2010 Dissertation of the Year Award at Workplace Learning SIG of American Educational Research Association (AERA).
- Received 2009 Dean’s Citation Award from University of Louisville.
- Received 2006-2007 Schulman Memorial Scholarship for academic excellence, University of Louisville.
- Ghosh, R., & Jacobson, s. (In Press). Contending claims to causality: A critical review of mediation studies in HRD research. European Journal of Training and Development.
- Ghosh, R.(In Press). A brief introduction to Mixed Methods Research. International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology on Research Methods.
- Ghosh, R. (2016). Gender and Diversity in India: Contested Territories for HRD?. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 18I(1), 3-10.
- Terry, T., & Ghosh, R. (2015). Mentoring from Different Social Spheres: How Can Multiple Mentors Help in Doctoral Student Success in Ed. D Programs?. Mentoring & Tutoring: Partnership in Learning, 23(3), 187-212.
- Ghosh, R. (2014). Antecedents of Mentoring: A Meta-analysis of Individual, Relational, and Structural factors. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 84(3), 367-384.
- Katz-Buonincontro, J., & Ghosh, R. (2014). Using workplace experiences for learning about affect and creative problem solving: Piloting a four-stage model for management education. The International Journal of Management Education, 12(2), 127-141.
- Maltbia, T. E., Marsick, V. J., & Ghosh, R. (2014). Executive and Organizational Coaching A Review of Insights Drawn From Literature to Inform HRD Practice. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 16(2), 161-183.
- Ghosh, R., Kim, M., Kim, S., & Callahan, J. (In Press). Examining the Dominant,
Emerging, and Waning Themes featuring in HRD publications: Is it time to redefine HRD?
(European Journal of Training & Development)
- Ghosh, R., Haynes, R. K., & Kram, K. E. (2013). Developmental Networks at Work: Holding
Environment for Leader Development. Career Development International, 18(3), 232-256.
- Ghosh, R., & Reio, T. Jr (2013). Career Benefits associated with Mentoring for Mentors: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 83(1), 106-116
- Ghosh, R., Reio, T. Jr., & Bang, H. (2013). Supervisor and Coworker Incivility and Turnover Intent: Testing the mediating effect of Socialization-related Learning. Human Resource Development International, 16(2), 169-185.
- Shuck, B., Ghosh, R., Zigarmi, D., & Nimon, K. (2013). The Jingle Jangle of Employee
Engagement: Further Exploration of the Emerging Construct & Implications for Workplace
Learning and Performance. Human Resource Development Review, 12 (1), 11- 35.
- Ghosh, R. (2013).Mentoring functions providing Challenge and Support: Integrating
Concepts from Teacher Mentoring in Education and Organizational Mentoring in Business.
Human Resource Development Review, 12 (2), 144-176.
- Ghosh, R., Shuck, B., & Petrosko, J. (2012). Emotional Intelligence and Organizational Learning
In Work Teams. Journal of Management Development, 31(6), 603-619.
- Ghosh, R., Reio, T. Jr., & Haynes, R. K. (2012). Mentoring and Organizational Citizenship
Behavior: Estimating the Mediating effects of Organization Based Self-Esteem and Affective
Commitment. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 23(1), 41-63.
- Chaudhuri, S., & Ghosh, R. (2012). Reverse Mentoring: A social exchange tool to keep the
Boomers engaged and Millennials committed. Human Resource Development Review, 11(1), 55-
76. (Equal authorship)
- Haynes, R. K., & Ghosh, R. (2012). Towards Mentoring the Indian Organizational Woman :
Propositions, Considerations, and First Steps. Journal of World Business, 47(2), 186-
193. (Equal authorship)
- Ghosh, R., Dierkes, S., & Falletta, S. (2011). Incivility spiral in mentoring relationships: Re-conceptualizing negative mentoring experiences as workplace deviant behavior. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 13(1), 22-39.
- Ghosh, R., Jacobs, J., & Reio, T. Jr.(2011). The toxic continuum from incivility to violence:
What can HRD do? Advances in Developing Human Resources, 13(1), 3-9. (Equal authorship)
- Ghosh, R., & Githens, R. (2011). Online contract training: Applying organization theory
to workforce development in community colleges. Human Resource Development Review,10 (2),
180-197. (Equal authorship)
- Reio, T. Jr., & Ghosh, R. (2009). Antecedents and outcomes of workplace incivility: Implications
for Human Resource Development Research and Practice. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 20(3), 237-264.
- Haynes, R. K., & Ghosh, R. (2008). Mentoring and succession management: An evaluative approach to the strategic collaboration model. Review of Business, 28(2), 3-12.
- Ghosh, R., & Barman, A. (2014). Emerging Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities for HRD in India. In R. Poell, T. Rocco, & G. Roth (Eds). Companion to HRD. Routledge Publishing.
- Ghosh, R., Rude-Parkins, C., & Kerrick, S. (2012). Collaborative problem solving in virtual environments: Effect of social interaction, social presence, and sociability on critical thinking. In Jason Huett (Ed.), The Next Generation of Distance Education: Unconstrained Learning. Springer Publishing.
- Haynes, R. K., & Ghosh, R. (2011). Dialogue Circle: An Exercise in Embracing Racial/Ethnic Diversity and Supporting Inclusion. In S. Dhiman, & J. Biberman (Eds.), Managing in the 21st Century Transforming toward Mutual Growth. Palgrave MacMillan.
- Ghosh, R. (2010). Lateral movements between HR and other departments as a career development practice: Implications for strategic HR. A Case Study on Career Development. In S. Schmidt, & K. King (Eds.) Case Studies and Activities in Adult Education and Human Resource Development. Information Age Publishing.
- Haynes, R. K., & Ghosh, R. (2010). Getting started with a six sigma initiative. A Case Study on Organization Development. In S. Schmidt, & K. King (Eds.) Case Studies and Activities in Adult Education and Human Resource Development.Information Age Publishing.
- Githens, R., & Ghosh, R. (2010). Getting started with a proactive diversity initiative. A Case Study on Diversity. In S. Schmidt, & K. King (Eds.) Case Studies and Activities in Adult Education and Human Resource Development. Information Age Publishing.