Kathy D. Geller, Ph.D.
Assistant Clinical Professor
Program Director of Ed.D. Educational Leadership and Management
M.S., Adult Education and Organization Development
Ed.D., Educational Leadership and Management
Ph.D., Fielding Graduate University
M.A., George Washington University
B.S., University of Maryland, College Park
Certificate in Online Facilitation, Fielding Graduate University
Areas of Expertise:
- Transformational Leadership
- Transnational Leadership Development
- Adult Learning
- Management Development
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Higher Education—College Student Personnel
- Transnational leadership
- Adult learning
- Career development
- Drexel University Sacramento (2010–present)
- Stanford University, Human Resources (2008–2010)
- Associate Vice President for Learning and Organizational Effectiveness Areté Leadership International, Asia, Global Consulting (2004–2008) Founding Principal (Key clients: United Nations, MicroSoft Asia, UBS Bank, Standard Chartered Bank)
- Columbia University, Teachers’ College Summer Principal’s Academy Master’s Program (2004–2008) Instructor, Courses Taught: Conflict Management Seminar; Team Building.
- Nova Southeastern University Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (2004–2010)
- Adjunct Professor, Courses Taught: Leadership and Change; Leadership Communication. Standard Chartered Bank (Asia, Africa, Middle East), (1998–2004)
- Learning and Organizational Development, Global Head Management Development and Chief Curriculum Architect Ryder System, Human Resources Development (1993–1997)
- Director, Organizational Effectiveness Right Management Associates, Organizational Consulting (1988–1993)
- Director of Consulting for Florida and the Caribbean Kislak Mortgage Company, Human Resources Development (1986–1988)
- Director, Human Resources and Manager, Management Development American Express, Human Resources Development (1983–1986)
- Project Manager, Management Development and Change University of Miami, Residence Hall Programs (1980–1983)
- Assistant Director, Staffing and Staff Development University of Maryland, Residence Halls (1975–1980)
- Assistant Director, Staffing and Development for Hill Residential Community (3,000 students)
- Lily Conference on Teaching (June, 2012) Applying principles of transformative learning to foster rapid development of an effective community of practice.
- Teaching Professor Conference (June, 2012) Using Instructional Technology for Bi-Coastal Communication.
- 23rd International Conference on College Teaching & Learning (April 2012) The Use of Social Media to Enhance Communication in Graduate Program Virtual Group Projects.
- 9th Annual SLOAN-Consortium Blended Learning Conference (April, 2012) Bi-Coastal Group Projects: Integration of Social Media.
- CUPA—Human Resources Conference—West Region (March 2011); Developing the next generation of leadership talent at Stanford University: A systems perspective.
- Fielding Graduate University, (January, 2011); Who Am I After I’m Dr. Me: A social identity and career development perspective. Half day workshop
- AHRD Asia (November, 2010); Transformative Education and Learning: A framework for developing transnational leaders. Pre-conference half-day workshop.
- Fielding Graduate University, (January, 2010); Knowing Yourself and Honoring the Other - the basis for working effectively across transnational difference.
- Transformative Learning Conference, (2007) Appreciating Self & Other through Mask Making. Experiential Session, NM.
- Academy of Management, (2007), Praxis, Inquiry & the Performative Arts: A crucible for Transformative Education and Learning, Chair/Presenter, Professional Development Workshop MED, AOM Conference, Philadelphia, Aug. 2007.
- Academy of Management, (2005) Flexible, Fluid and Responsive Management: A Model for Working Across Cultural Differences in the 21st Century, Professional Development Workshop,
- AOM 2005 Conference, Hawaii, August.
- Fisher-Yoshida, B & Geller, K. D. , (March 2009) PODCAST: Transnational Leadership Development: Preparing the Next Generation for the Borderless Business World http://podcast.amanet.org/edgewise/, AMANET.
- Geller, K. & Fisher-Yoshida, B. (January 2008) Developing Transnational Leaders: Five Paradoxes for Success, Journal of Industrial and Commercial Training, Emerald Press.
- Geller, K. Schapiro, S. and Fisher-Yoshida B. (June 2007) Diverse Applications of Transformative Learning, Transformative Learning Conference Proceedings, Alberquerque, NM.
- Geller, K. & Fisher—Yoshida, B., (June 2007) The Transnational Leader: 8 practices for developing leaders for multi-national corporations. Transformative Learning Conference proceedings, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Geller, K., (August 2005) Educating Leaders for the 21st Century: A Transformative Learning Process, Interactive Paper Presentation, Academy of Management Conference Proceedings, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Geller, K. Wasserman, I & Fisher-Yoshida, B., (February 2005) Transformative Learning in Human Resource Development: Successes in Scholarly Practitioner Applications, Academy of Human Resource Development Conference Proceedings, Estes Colorado.
- Geller, K, (October 2005) Transformative Learning Theory: Five Dynamics for Developing Leaders, Transformative Learning Conference Proceedings, Lansing, Michigan.
- Geller, K & Fisher-Yoshida, B., (June 2003) First Global Forum, Leadership Development in Multi-national Corporations in the 21st Century, Society for Organization Learning Conference Proceedings, Helsinki.
Books: (authors listed alphabetically)
- Fisher-Yoshida, B & Geller, K. D., (2009) Transnational leadership development: Preparing the next generation for the borderless business world, Innovations in Adult Learning Series: Theory to Practice, American Management Association (AMACOM).
- Fisher-Yoshida, B, Geller, K. D. & Schapiro, S. (Eds.) (2008) Transformative learning: Space, culture and the arts. Counterpoints Series: Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education, Peter Lang Publishers. Note: In November 2009 this book was recognized by transformativelearning.org as one of the six essential books in the field
- Geller, K. D. (2004) Doctoral Dissertation: A New Model of Relational Leadership Development for Multinational Corporations in the 21st Century, Fielding Graduate University, UMI AAT 3158283.