M.S. in Global and International Education
The M.S. in Global and International Education provides an interdisciplinary approach to the study of education’s role in economic, political, and socio-cultural development; international educational exchange; and the internationalization of education. The program seeks to build knowledge about education as one of several interacting sectors of society and analyzes the role of education systems within and among different countries of the world.
Focusing on the world as developing entities and regions, class topics will include:
- Contemporary and historical views on the relationship of education, culture and society
- Formal and non-formal education and national development
- Education in development policy
- International cooperation and education
- The role of the state and market forces in education
- Global and regional disparities and literacy, among others
- Educational exchange, international service learning and study abroad
Additionally, there is a required co-op that provides the opportunity to put the skills learned into practice.