School Principal with Special Education Leadership
MS in Educational Administration
This path of study is designed to prepare future leaders with the tools and knowledge to effectively lead special education programs within a school setting.
The school principal certification and special education leadership concentration leads to the supervisor of special education certification and principal certification. The 49-credit dual certification program fulfills the requirements for both Pennsylvania Department of Education approved certifications and a master’s degree.
Course descriptions may be found in the Drexel Online Course Catalog.
Coursework requirements for the dual certification program include:
- 9 credits of core master's courses.
- 40 credits of core certification courses.
- Candidates are required to complete 300 internship hours for the Supervisor of Education certification and 400 internship hours for principal certification. Eligibility for the Pennsylvania special education leadership certificate requires verification that the candidate has completed five years of relevant professional experience.
- Eligibility for the Pennsylvania principal certificate requires verification that the candidate has completed three years of relevant professional experience.
- All courses must be completed with a grade of “B” or better.